LEAP 42.1 Discussion thread

Strange. what are you video settings for the virtual box?

Sounds like not enough graphics horsepower It needs 3D acceleration

i allready did some researches and found this about it.

I allready tried the kde plasma framework update, login on ICEWM and used yast to update.
but that didnt fixed it.

I wouldnt be running LEAP beta as its released already. That article is rather old. Try downloading the release version

yeah i linked the wrong article.
Anyway im on the released version not the beta.
Its probably just an issue with kde.

Hmm.. can you dump what your VM settings are for each option? Might have a look see and it will likely be a setting because obviously it loads. its when the animations occur that it KAPUTS

Psst thats why you always install two desktops because ICEWM is retarded and XFCE is such a better fallback

Yeah i will probably going to install 42.1 with XFCE desktop then.
Till the issues with kde plasma5 bugs are all fixed.

plasma 5 is still buggy LOL but its generally stable.. it could just be the Vm.. why not go full install onto a partition?

I'm going to do that in the future wenn i have a second ssd for that.

LOL fair enough

XFCE is my preferred working desktop. I themed it very well so it looks nice but its very lightweight

true question is are the open source drivers for the HD7xxx series in the kernel yet. because thats what i need. :/

Its Mantle/GCN compatible. they are all on the same opensource driver the others that AMD moved to legacy run on the older driver. What do you mean the HD7xxx arent updated yet?

i mean i tried booting into mint 17.2 KDE and it had trouble loading any drivers at all. :|

after making a linuxquestions.org forum post and asking about it and digging around we found out the kernel doesnt support it yet, and that my PC is also having issues finding a live file system when booting. (keep in mind the page that said the card had no kernel support yet hadn't been updated since march of last year, but still. )

what is it?

and yes it does. it always has LOL since like update 14.3 and then 14.7 for wayland

what is what? my graphics card? DIAMOND HD 7870 2gig.

Yes in 4.x kernel it should be fine. If you plan on any gaming I would just install the proprietary drivers really.

How is Leap different to Tumbleweed? And Does Leap contain the Securely Enhanced kernel?

The difference is leap is the stable desktop version aka SLES testing (very stable up to date packages) tumbleweed is essentially a daily build. Containing packages that passed initial compiling and testing. It is updated daily... It's a rolling release and bleeding edge. Not recommended for production or home use. Great if you want to help opensuse test stuff out..

Great answer in the Unix stack here psst factory does not exist anymore

The desktop multimon setup of my dreams. :) Man, I wish they would fix some of the bugs of plasma and pulse audio. I really like Leap even tho it is more than i need. It is about the best multmon experience I can remember. ( Still shuttering from win10. What a turd ) lol

yeah it definitley is easier to manipulate X.

Im writing the zypper tutorial now. Its gonna be long lol

any particular distros you'd reccomend that have kernel 4 and later?