'LEAKED: Head Of FCC Mocks Impending Destruction Of The Internet'

It seems that way because that is literally what is happening.

Leave a class of people with nothing to lose and nothing better to do than try to overthrow the government. By my reasoning, a very dangerous state to let develop.

2 Likes

Because of the amount of hate people had for Obama and it’s not just that, but what the hate was about. He was far from a perfect president but I trust him more than most politicians today. A lot of those scumbags made a living off of smearing him.

It’s a long story but I ain’t gonna get into it, you can thank the Tea Party and Kock Brothers for fucking things up. Oh, and the fucking Alt Reich.

I know but it’s odd that they are knowingly going down that dark path.

I don’t know ? Counting on the technologies and the wealth to assure protection.

They’ll be occupied with their affordable and cheap poor people internet. don’t worry.

Its weird to think that many sci-fi dystopian stories I have read about are possible in my lifetime.

You can only shop and watch ads :(~ Being only just smart enough to push the universal symbols.

Thanks for the clarification.

I can see the future of a more expensive internet and a less expensive internet but that’s just speculation on my part - then again this already exists to an extent with pricing tiers based on speed. Is this a fair comparison?

I don’t foresee it becoming a social class issue but more of a freedom of speech issue.

EDIT:
Something I just thought about:
Everyone is saying that FCC just killed Net Neutrality. Didn’t they just swtich from Title II to Title I?

The only real way we can fix this or try to is first of all, vote these fucks out of office, that’s the smaller step.

And btw, I am an Independent, but somehow, it is almost ALWAYS the Republicans pulling this shit on people all the time and it’s pissing me the fuck off that people are letting them off the hook under the false equivalence that Democrats are somehow just as bad, when the reality shows otherwise. Vote these fucks out, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Donald Trump, and any other of these assholes I don’t care if they are Republican nor Democrat nor Independent as long as they stand for these corporate pigs and fight against the normal people, their ass needs to GTFO.

Now that’s the small step, the more important step is we need to quit the Internet for 2-3 months by the bunch, we need to convince people to have the discipline to. It won’t be easy for a lot of people, myself included, but this is the real big step we need to take now.

That involves having good candidates to replace “these fucks”

Which is even less likely than them being voted out, so enjoy the ride.

1 Like

Comcast HQ right now

4 Likes

Just stop all internet commerce for a couple of months. Might be convincing and the mom and pops/ brick and mortar will appreciate it. Imagine Amazon with no business for a month or two…

I really wouldn’t expect all this doomsaying from a mod. This is just more Reddit tier fear mongering.

Its a little in jest. But the ruling would actually allow it. We have some of this in Europe, net neutrality doesn’t exactly extend towards mobile data, there are types of exceptions that have allowed for things like unlimited Netflix at no extra data usage for £5 a month, same with apple music, and other things like that.

That has essentially given specific companies who pay up an edge over the competition for people who’ll pay the £5 for all the netflix data they can watch, and all the music they can get from apple.

1 Like

For example, if i remember right, some ISPs were complaining about the amount of Netflix traffic they have to serve. They could in theory now offer a Netflix addon package giving users “unlimited” Netflix access. Netflix would pay the ISP for this because it then allows some of their customers a better experience.

You still have an open internet, just some traffic is packaged up and sold as extras on your current tarrif so you dont use up all your “data”.

Wait are still talking about Europe or Pai’s talking points now

The best part of all this is even if Comcast decides to go full on fuck you into the dirt mode, as long as they add “We reserve the right to limit any and all traffic from various sources across our network infrastructure at any time of our choosing” to their fine print the FTC can’t do jack shit to them.

Fuck this nation. Fuck this administration. Fuck Adjit Pai. I wouldn’t piss on him if he was burning alive.

3 Likes

This happens in Europe for mobile data, as they are sort of exempt from net neutrality. Now the US doesn’t have net neutrality, I’m saying that type of thing is a possibility.

It makes good business sense, and I’m sure its something that if it hasn’t already been considered, will be considered.

2 Likes

@mrpopo, there’s no need for your last paragraph. keep it civil.

Same for the injection of politics. things can be talked about without shit talking people or political parties they way some people here have in a few posts. Cant talk civilly how do you expect anyone to take your seriously.

1 Like