'LEAKED: Head Of FCC Mocks Impending Destruction Of The Internet'

Lee Camp:

Last week, the FCC held its annual “Telecom Prom”- an affair filled with industry executives and employees. The event has a strict no camera policy, but thanks to an anonymous spy, we have a small window into the mentality of our ruling class, to whom public outcry is nothing more than a giant joke.
Let’s break down the most horrifying moments of Mr. Pai’s 28-minute speech:

More here:

3 Likes

I wish that the head of the FCC could somehow find itself detached from the body of the head of the FCC.

5 Likes

I’ve just about had it with Net Neutrality and the whole debate. At this point, either way is not even close to optimal. Nothing short of a constitutional amendment and trust busting will alleviate the issues we are currently facing. I don’t use trust busting lightly as I’m largely anti-federalist but this is one of these cases where it has to happen.

@wendell you should do a strictly net neutrality conversation with styxhexenhammer666 as he seems to have a unique perspective on the topic.

3 Likes

Sadly while I hate government intervention and regulation… these companies have proved time and time again unfettered they will royally fuck shit up. They have proven in other countries without net neutrality they will make you pay extra to access popular app XXXXX. This will happen, I have no doubt the likes of Concast, Verizon and AT&T have been developing plans to completely fuck Amazon Prime video service, Netflix, Hulu… you name it. And that’s the start, if net neutrality as it stands now goes by the wayside I fully expect actions by these monstrous companies to start immediately.

5 Likes

Ajit Pai was taking a clip from someone I follow on youtube. He had mentioned on the clip that Pai was a shill for the internet service providing industry. As Pai has shown to have made up his mind already and disregards the people he represents. Just joking is enough to show he isn’t taking this seriously. Or he is and he will get a fat pay check and cushioned job in the future when he is no longer the FCC Commissioner.

2 Likes

If anyones interested and looking for the answer it was in 2015. Just watch a few seconds of this, it has all the answers in 5 seconds. From minute 21.06 - 21.11

1 Like

Anonymous even has an OP going right now.

I posted a bit earlier about styx and his unique perspective on net neutrality. If you’re interested have a look.

The only negative feeling I have about styx’s video is that companies have been known to throttle service like netflix in the past. When an investigation was done it turned out to be true. So the FCC under Obama wanted to enforce net neutrality they couldn’t because it wasn’t in place.

2 Likes

I didn’t think i would agree with him much but I agree with most of what he said.

1 Like

What he advises is temporary use of Net Neutrality until a constitutional amendment can be implemented.

Apparently congress just killed the bill a few minutes ago. Waiting to hear back about it.

what bill is it?

@FaunCB Yes I would like to know too.

Not the bill, I’m dumb, the vote. They apparently killed it, but I’m still on the other end. Keep an eye out tonight or tomorrow this might just be a rumor.

You’re not dumb.

The Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) net neutrality vote is scheduled for Thursday, December 14, at 10:30 a.m. Eastern time, and has the potential to radically alter the internet as we know it.

Fortune says they do it tomorrow. Whether that’s right or not I have no idea.

lol no I had the wrong word.

1 Like

This is a gross misrepresentation of what it does. I remember seeing some rumors but they are mostly at state level.

The thing that is scary is that in order to organize against this move should it pass is already under control. News media is owned print or otherwise and the gatekeepers of the internet are actively censoring anything they do not like.

So without an adult and non-violent way of actively pushing back against this, :frowning: can only lead to violence.

Oh ok theres a pile of rumors going out about them blocking the vote, and supposedly someone leaked that they are doing meetings about it right now.

Alright no fuck this.

There is… popping up here and there. Also disappearing with equal speed. I need to learn to snapshot some of this stuff… so I do not sound so crazy :)~ Most of this is very hard to believe and mostly fringe publications

Now this has gained a head of steam…but who knows ?