Laptop recommendations

Hello I am looking to buy a laptop for $700 max. the usage is normal use(internet surfing, microsoft office, etc) and cpa/accountant work (programs are quickbooks & lacerte etc). Will be working remotely also so good wireless/lan chipset is important. Would like it to be as fast as possible for under $700(maybe ssd or m.2) and also would like it to be fast for the future(4-5 years at least).

I like specs on this but its $800 so maybe something similar

http://www.microcenter.com/product/475522/fx53vd-ms72_156_laptop_computer_-_black_metal

any help is greatly appreciated!

this one is decent

it doesnt need to be a gaming laptop because it will not be used for gaming

1 Like

Will you be doing anything productivity related that would require a dedicated GPU?

no productivity

I'm a Lenovo guy myself, I've owned three of their laptops. I'd suggest looking at the Thinkpad E470/E570 range. They can be spec'ed up to an i7-7500U for around $700 with a matte finish 1920x1080 screen. They're also easily upgradeable, so RAM/SSD upgrades will be simple. The E570 even has space for an 2.5" HDD/SSD plus an M.2 slot.

1 Like

ok cool thanks ill check it out. I think getting a quad core would be best. the i7 7500u is only 2 core

Dell E5270/E7270 (6th gen Intel 12.5inch), Dell E5470/E7470 (6th gen Intel 14inch).

Beautiful laptops, less than an inch thick, have the options for quite large batteries, fantastic keyboards. Take a look at Dell's latitude line. Don't go for their crap consumer laptops.

ok cool thanks ill check them out.....it seems latitude line isnt made anymore? not on there website

this one isnt bad either it has sata ssd not m.2 lower resolution display and older gpu but its $100 cheaper

http://www.microcenter.com/product/475521/X550VX-MS72_156_Laptop_Computer_-_Matte_Dark_Gray_with_Spin_Texture

i like this 2nd best and the other microceneter/asus link the most

I would try to find one without an optical drive. That is more or less dead weight.
Also, the Asus one has a resolution of 1366x768 on 15.6"....

Get this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M18UZF5?ie=UTF8
i5-7200U
256GB SSD
Windows 10 OS
13.3 inch FHD IPS display
8GB DDR4 RAM
Fingerprint Reader
Metal Body
for more suggestions check https://laptopjar.com/best-laptops-under-700-dollars/

You have a UX410/430UA these days, which is completely the same laptop but with a 14" screen in the same size laptop. I'd definitely pick that one, I bought a UX410UA for my son and it's a fantastic machine for the price. Maybe some tweaking the fans if you've got sensitive hearing (hasn't bothered me) but everything else is great. and it's easy to add some RAM or storage if necessary.

A super solid go-to for workhorses are also refurbished ThinkPads, especially if you don't need a GPU. They're designed to be reparable and you can often upgrade screens and RAM as needed. I usually shy away from Inspiron/Envy/consumer-grade laptops and go for enterprise ones because I drag mine everywhere.

at that point would it be better to get the $700 asus i linked....it has a better cpu, ddr4, 950m gpu, just lower res screen

Lenovo L or T520. I love my L520 and it is way more portable than anything else as I have recently learned.

those seem to be only in europe and or canada? also out of the price range? links would be great im in usa and price is $700 max. unless i get the $800 asus i linked at the beginning

Just internal specs won't get you anywhere when it comes to laptops. The Asus one you linked has a horrible resolution and a TN-panel. For someone that has to read stuff on such a piece of shit, it is constant pain. Laptop has to be portable first, which this one might be with it's 15.6", 2.5Kg. It has to be easy to use second, which this one is absolutely not with that shitty display. And AFTER all that you can look at performance.

Asus makes some nice 13" laptops with or without dedicated GPU for reasonable prices. If those are too much money, look around for a sale of an older model. And if you don't want to go blind, do not buy a laptop with lower than 1080p resolution.

thanks but i dont want to buy refurb, i would like to buy new just my preference

ok thanks ill check them out

1 Like

lol ok i only mentioned it because it was $700 with good hardware. I like the $800 asus i linked in original post a lot.

shouldnt i get a 4 core instead of 2 core so it will be better for future use and also better performance? i think getting a 2 core laptop in 2017 is kinda crazy am i wrong?