Laptop recommendations

More power means .. well, more power and therefore more cooling, less battery life and more weight. (Don't forget the charger, 120W one is a lot heavier than a 45W or something.)

Maybe you want to explain the exact usage for the device? Is it something that lives in a drawer? Does it have to be carried around every day?

If you do accounting work - Do you need a numberpad included
in the laptop or do you like to use a dockingstation at your desk.
Please consider that also ! Perhaps a Lenovo E570 is more
suited with that extra numberkeys.

numpad would be nice but not necessary

Battery life is important but so is performance. I need something that is easy to travel with if i want to work outside the office or when i travel. it will not be a daily driver but it will be taken when traveling. numpad would be nice but not necessary(normally numpad makes the laptop bigger in size). WIll be using my desktop a lot more than laptop.

Lenovo IdeaPad 700
15.6 inch 1920 x 1080
Core i5 6300HQ/
GTX 950M 4GB GDDR3
1TB 5400RPM
12GB DDR4

Honestly my lenovo is a dual core and it does amazingly well for what it is. As I said its as good as my desktop for what I do. With that, the cooling is so good on it it stays at its 3.2GHZ turbo.

ok cool ill check that out......lenovo seems to be cheaper all around

Seriously? There is no SSD in it?

i will get one with ssd

Iā€™m looking into a new laptop. Playing games. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I was a lenovo guy too, until they started shady shit.

1 Like

No kidding. The thing that got me is that their are only 2 or 3 laptops in there current thinkpad lineup that are quad cores. Everything is dual core.