LAN Syndicate Bring Your Buddy a Computer

@Alamar with your proximity to the event would you have any interest in bringing spare rigs or monitors?

I'd love to but I don't really have extra of either at the moment.

I can bring a spare down. It's a g3258 and a gtx 760. Its even got a cool Nvidia paint job

2 Likes

Awesome.

anyone got a monitor I could borrow/loan? I'm trying to pull this off with one carry-on bag and my 21.5" may make or break size limit

Got you covered.

1 Like

bump just in case anyone might need this

1 Like

I will be fine, but my dad will be using my basic laptop, had planned on him using my more powerful laptop but while cleaning it a capacitor popped off and I don't have time to fix it. My basic one should be able to run everything so far listed here (besides doom beta that is and maybe COD4)

I know this is for traveling people primarily, however if he could barrow a spare computer I'm sure he would be grateful, though I'm sure, he would rather people who are traveling and really need a spare rig to get one.

No sweat, I have you covered.

1 Like

Since my case is 2 inches too wide, I may need to check into this list. I feel very unsure about having my rig in the underbelly, and trying to wing it with my case seems very sketchy.

Hell, if a rig is available, I'll even bring my own monitor.

1 Like

@Aethyr I have to take my computer apart for the trip for that reason myself, may carry the gpu and motherboard in their original boxes in a carry on or put them in a pelican box I have with the rest in my checked.

@Braysive Thank you, really appreciate it. I will be bringing an external hard drive with the games he has on his steam as well as some GOG stuff preloaded on it if that is ok with you.

1 Like

Yeah man I have a rig for you

1 Like

Specs on them, if you don't mind? And is a monitor included?

860k, 16GB RAM and a 370 running Win 10 off a Seagate hybrid drive. I have a 20" acer monitor that I can bring with it.

Sounds fair. But what's the Unholy Abortion?

Regardless, you saved my anus from the TSA. And my rig from baggage throwers.

There were some rules on United about fragile baggage that can be used as a carry-on, I just wasn't sure.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/baggage/fragile.aspx

But yeah, totally glad. Actually, what's it's PSU? Cause I might even bring my 970 if it can handle it.

Silverstone 650w 80+ Gold SFF I think. The case is a Xigmatek Nebula so your card will need to be no more than 8".

The Unholy Abortion has dual 6 core Opteron 8439 CPUs with SLI 560ti and 32GB of ECC DDR2 powered by an 1100w 80+ Silver Dell server PSU. I forget what it's running for a C drive but it may be some Chinese SSD

Oh that seems very reasonable for a 970. My PSU funny enough was a SS 600W 80+ Silver.

1 Like

Wait, no. I realized that might mess up the drivers. I'll just be bringing my clothes and MtG stuff then.