LANsyndicate | Level1techs

that vid was 11/10 lawlz

If you guys are a bit weary with your desktop's physical security I'd recommend these:

Probably should get two (each side panel)

There are some reviews that say the threaded section of the screws can snap (probably not very well made) but it would be worth it at least for the event.

@Logan
This may already be a thing but lan parties such as Intel Lanfest have barcode stickers that must be put on the desktops and monitors. Also there is a hardware curfew by that I mean at a certain time there is to be no hardware coming in or out of the event. Just wondering if rules and precautions like that will be enforced.

4 Likes

They're 6/32, which is pretty standard.

1 Like

got my suitcase packing figured out so I dont have to do it later.

Its a tight fit lol

also

Yea I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to bring my 23" monitor.

my 21.5 will fit in my suit case but it could make it too thick for this, I utterly refuse to check my bag.

Yea me too. refusing to check in my bags.
recently just bought a mini ITX case and that will fit in a carry on.
Delta airlines site says that you can bring one carry-on and one personnel item.

Approved Personal Items
1 purse, briefcase, camera bag or diaper bag
or 1 laptop computer (computers cannot be checked)
or 1 item of a similar or smaller size to those listed above

I've brought my node 304 on plane rides plenty of times, never had an issue, they usually just take a look at the computer and then you are all set.

1 Like

What about a monitor?

Yea can't say I've brought a 23'' monitor before, but you can honestly check that in. Bubble wrap and towels, your screen should honestly be fine.

Np, just make sure its out of your bag, just treat it like its a laptop.

1 Like

Ima just bring a laptop, keyboard, mouse, headphones, Dead GPU for coaster

Maybe list: Monitor, Oculus Rift(should I have it by then)

Eliphas Levi: Hi I have a few questions about Carry-on and Allowed items.
My suit case is 20"x14"x9" well under the carry-on limit but I would like to travel with my laptop as well.
Are messenger bags considered an "allowed item"? Considering that it will only be used to carry the laptop and power cord and mouse.
Delta: Eliphas Levi, I will be glad to assist you.
Delta: May I have your confirmation number or the ticket number beginning with 006?
Eliphas Levi: sure one moment please
Delta: Okay.
Delta: Thank you.
Delta: Please give me a minute to check this for you.
Delta: You can carry your suit case and laptop bag as carry on.
Delta: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
Eliphas Levi: awesome, thank you Delta
Eliphas Levi: nope that was everything .
Delta: You are welcome. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Delta. Take care.
Thank you for contacting Delta Air Lines.

1 Like

I'm using Delta as well, hope we get the same experience lol

Well just found out you can get 20% off hotels from expedia, and they have the university inn as one of them.

Doing Taxes this Saturday so I will see what I have to work with.

4 Likes