L1T Forums -- password reset link not working?

Title says it all. I’ve tried to be patient, submitted a password reset link twice over the course of the past couple hours – it’s NOT in my spam folder. Please advise.

I’ve just tried. Received anything?

It says google accepted the message. Oddly. On my end.

Thanks you both for the extremely prompt response(s), unfortunately I was discouraged and gave up – just now seeing these replies. I don’t really understand what I’m doing incorrectly, but it appears the message sent (see image below). I’ve tried being patient, to no avail. Very sorry to hassle you gentlemen. Am I expecting a message from <[email protected]> or something else entirely ??

Please don’t just take my word for it, here is my SPAM folder.

It looks like your forum account is associated with google, are you using google oauth for logins?

Based on the nature of the request, I’m guessing not, but I want to be sure.

1 Like

As i was flailing about attempting to reset my ancient password, I linked my Google account (just now after not receiving an email with a link).

I just removed that (Google account association) again.

Okay, that makes sense.

Let me see if I can get the logs of the email shipment.

Thank you kindly for your time and attention to my little matter.

My pleasure.

So it’s showing the mail was sent. Would you mind checking if you have any filters or blocks in place?

I can also attempt sending you an email from my personal mailserver if you’d like.

Please send a test – I’m getting other spam related stuff, just not from here. Let me double check my forwarding/filtering rules to ensure nothing is broken or otherwise preventing me from receiving this mail.

Sent, should get a mail with level1 in the subject line.

sometimes Gmail is funny with non-gmail mail servers…

1 Like

What email address am I looking for, will the password reset mail be coming from < [email protected] > ? I’ve searched my inbox for every instance of this address. :upside_down_face:

Good question, one moment, I’ll check.

Got it, thanks metalspork.

Hello,

Testing mail.

Thank you,
Level1Techs
1 Like

Password resets are working for me:

[email protected] is the addr.

Given that you’ve got no filters for it or the mail service we’re using, I’m not sure that I have any power over this issue anymore.

This is likely something between gmail and the mail service, which might need additional testing to determine.

If I were you, I would be opening a ticket with google support to see if they’re flagging it as malicious for some reason. Sometimes the malicious flags don’t even go into spam.

Okay, so apparently at some point I must have clicked “unsubscribe” from the daily/weekly emails that summarize any activity I might have missed. Perhaps this is somehow preventing me from receiving the password reset email(s)? The last message I have is from Mar 28, 2018, 2:31 PM

You unsubscribed from <spc-94311-0>

I’m not subscribed to digests on this forum either, but the mail still went through.

1 Like

Alright, figured that was a long shot – you don’t have any ability to clear or otherwise force/reset forum passwords, eh? I just wanted to change my ~half decade old, weaksauce password. Ahh well, low priority… which is why it got ignored for ~six months last time I noticed it was an issue.

Sorry to waste so much of your time already today, thanks you immensely for looking into this, sir. You’re nice. Be safe.

1 Like