L1T Forums -- password reset link not working?

I can force a password reset, but that just triggers an email unfortunately.

I consider this a high priority issue, so I don’t mind spending some time on it.

So i went and added a custom Gmail address [email protected] and now I’ve at least received a confirmation email for my “new” (albeit the same) address. Perhaps I can work around/through this after all.

1 Like

Hey, that might work. Very strange that its not delivering on your primary.

I get all of the confirmation emails with my custom email address (using the plus sign +), however the original, only base gmail address continues to fail. I cannot find any filters or blocked addresses. Apparently I’m not going to be able to resolve this on my own, need to add that Google support ticket to my ToDo: list(s). If & when I receive any update, I’ll be sure to follow up here with the results. Thank you for being oh so very patient with me.

2 Likes

This would block the message with our mail provider not discourse. This is likely the issue.

The unsubscribe is not with us in other words. It’s between Google and our mail provider so to maintain rep it doesn’t send. It’s like the nuclear option. Our provider doesn’t permit us to send to that address anymore. You might be able to use that link to resubscribe but likely your email is blocked forever at our smtp provider by using that link.

Anyone they use services like mandrill, MailChimp, etc. Will face similar. When customers unsubscribe if they still get messages it hurts the providers reputation.

Easy to block. Hard to unblock. If makes perfect sense.

2 Likes

Thank you yet again gentlemen for your diligent efforts explaining and attempting to resolve my little issue. It appears I will be using [email protected] for future reference. Stupid Google. Sorry to waste your precious time, but the efforts by this amazing team are greatly appreciated. Using this workaround allowed me to update that weak, aging password (finally).

Hope everyone is staying safe out there.

2 Likes