L1's Garage

I’ve thought of an interesting idea what if I put a 2 or 5 micron filter used for diesels (non water separation) to clean gasoline/E85?

Helps diesels due to fuel rail pressures but in theory 10 u or smaller should filter out most of the crappier laquers and varnishing elements and things that hurt gasoline especially as it ages…

They arent expensive and I have the expertise to make shift a universal for any vehicle… would be interesting to see what it does

Literally solves everything.

2 Likes

Dude a cap full of that is enough to trash anybody…

Anymore and you could face harm :rofl:

Uhh, you’d need a stronger fuel pump, probably. And I’m not sure if the lines are rated for the pressure required to hit the required flow.

1 Like

So steel braided rubber lines to and from? could do very easily as for the pump I could source one no issue…

I just know filtering fuel is a good thing would love to do it on gasoline/E85 despite being unnecessary…

Something we dont have nowadays is any kind of filter. The screen on the modern tanks is a 500u … which I dont need to tell you is pretty hardly much of a filter at all.

I guess my point was: just don’t.

The issue I have heard that I worry of is that people have failing injector dynamics injectors due to only having a screen in the tank… That cars without an inline filter (like many modern ones) dont do so hot without a filter on non stock injectors?

But yeah it prolly doesnt hold any water

LMAO

Wheres this info on modern cars not having a fuel filter? First I’ve heard of it.

Look at the small cars post 2010 most are just a screen in tank. SOME DO have a filter in the unit that you replace as a whole

At least on the mass produced normie cars

I simultaneously love and hate this at the same time

6 Likes

That sounds silly.

Im not in the least bit joking Mercedes was one of the first to do so… citing fuel standards being good enough… Honda and Nissa Followed suit… ford was looking to cut some corners and controlled mazda for the most part at the time with their PAG… so they moved to screens only… Im not joking. Ive pulled the tank of my focus before just a screen… no filter all the way to the injectors

IS300 only has in tank filter, little sleeve thing.

Lol, someone else made the meme.

Fieros had a tendency to burn to the ground, for those who don’t know.

3 Likes

Part of me hates it, part of me loves it.

1 Like

So taking the new vettes’ price point into mind, it’s just stunning. It is such a good looker- not up there with the new Ford GT or nsx but close enough to ponder. But then consider the price difference… Oh and then what this possible means for the Supra BMW bastard child. For the platform agnostic types it might jack some sales.

Here is to hoping there are not any horrendous reliability issues not easily mitigated and to a manual trans option down the line.

2 Likes

Yeah, don’t get your hopes up, it’s a chineesium part.

1 Like

I’ll give vettes’ this, there are some bad gens, and some good ones- and then there will be the heaps of aftermarket support. Let the early adopters buy and beat on them, find the weak links and there is a huge Vette aftermarket to come in with battle tested replacement/upgraded parts.

I hate ticking time bomb inherent flaws like a block known to crack, no real good remedy. But when some variable timing bolt proves to be week but some speed shop makes a bullet proof upgrade, or a trans issue fixed with a $100 transgo kit vs $5k rebuilds that still do not address longevity, I’m forgiving- granted when it’s not me but R&D ‘tax’ on the early adopters haha.

1 Like

Been saying this about emissions forever

1 Like