L1's Garage

People do it

(not actually an STI swap, but still a Justy turbo)
2 Likes

Mid-engine Corvette gives me a weird feeling.

Wow. I’m not sure. I’ll need to give it some time since it’s so different from the previous ones.

Holly crap, is it AWD?

1 Like

I think there’s only so much you can do with rwd.

They we’re leading me on, but it is only RWD. Which I think I prefer.

However, they ditched the manual trans. I hope developing that manual trans was going to push them over their budget this time around, so they’re saving it for the Z06.
I’m going to hold on to that dream desperately.

2 Likes

Yeah, frankly, I’m okay with an automatic dual clutch. I’ve driven cars with dual clutch and they’re great.

But it’s a Corvette. Sure most people prefer auto, but you should most definitely have the option in this particular car. I can’t believe the Corvette doesn’t give us the Option. WTF! It’s the American sports car, and no manual‽
I’d rather get a Tesla model S at this point (not that either are really an option me).

Also what a load of BS saying you feel just as connected with the DCT as a manual. Have they actually driven a manual? Impossible. So much REEEEE!!!

3 Likes

∆∆ this, all of this.

1 Like

New Fiero?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Good thing I own a slow truck.

It’s ok, I have a slow truck too.
TBH the new Colorados don’t feel slow to me.

1 Like

Yeah pretty zippy for a “small” truck.
I always want to send it like I did my sonic but then I remember “this is a truck not a hot boi race car” lol

1 Like

With front and rear armor, larger tires etc my truck even with the s/c is slow

1 Like

So got the is250 back from a trans rebuild. Of the opinion Toyota has some inherent flaws with the A960E. Had to replace the clutch pack and used a transgo kit to rebuild the solenoids and improve shifting. The trans now feels great, the transgo supposedly will extend the life as well (addresses the issue of the pwm solenoids wearing out so quickly).

I like the shop so I’m thinking of taking the taco there next for the transgo shift reprogramming kit- make the shifts faster/firmer because WOT feels like it will roast my clutch pack if I let it (have to let off the throttle when shifting)

1 Like

And speaking of the taco, wrapped up wiring

And aluminum window latch things because the oe plastic broke

Zore gate (fancy way of saying 3 way switch) relay setup to make front Amber’s work as trail lights and as blinkers

3 Likes

Those are really nice, just dont want to drop 3K to 4K on my truck lol.

1 Like

Black Friday deal, but yeah still hit the wallet pretty hard.

1 Like

Just got a new truck! Just one problem though.

2 Likes