L1's Garage

what model vehicle, electric or mechanical fan/s?

1 Like

Ignore him. Do a purge test and see if it hold vacuum if you have the equipment. Or bring it to a tech that is certified for HVAC.

yeah ignore the certified hvac tech

2 Likes

Yeah. Ignore a certified HVAC tech which is legally allowed to handle and recycle hazardous materials

I’m sorry are we dick swinging or trying to help out a forum member?

2 Likes

If I were doing the swinging I would have to duck twice. But I think it’s best to start to take it to a certified HVAC tech since contents under high pressure if not sure. But as a general rule of thumb I would do a vacuum purge test to see if it holds vacuum for at least a half an hour.

New battery was installed December 2018.

2014 Ford F-150 with about 108k on it.

Not sure tbh.

Yes please

Seems like the best option would just be to take it into Ford then. It’s under an extended warranty until about 134k. If any equipment is failing, I’d only have to pay $100 for the deductible. Worst case it’s something that’s considered normal wear and tear, like a tuneup or something, which shouldn’t be super expensive anyways.

3 Likes

I would be worried about the ac lines first and foremost. Take it to a tech and have them do a vacuum purge test to see if it holds vacuum. If it does. They might just need to change the refrigerant and compressor oil. If you can take it to a ford tech do that. It will not really matter as long as they are HVAC certified.

Oh hell, you got a warranty? Yeah take it in, seeing if someone else can do it is the first rule of being a Guardsman.

2 Likes

I can’t believe I missed this:

3 Likes

Flamin cancer! lol

Im gonna give you other advice… Hook the high and low side up to a proper pressure kit and measure whats going on. Measure the time on time off of the compressor and measure the temperature of the compressor. Then from there decide whats best to do

You can prolly find these kits to rent at local auto parts store. These systems are delicately balanced and most are made out of all metal tubing and dont really lose refrigerant like the days of very old

Holy shit… Imma love this shit

Yeah, I’m excited for it too. I wonder if they will be showing it at the local drive-in.

1 Like

HAHA wouldnt that be fitting… Man I love it that there are movies bringing back the glory days. To be fair we are in a new glory days of massive boost for us modders… I just wish the American Garage wasnt dying out lol

Hmm. That’s not right…

All the power seemed to be out a couple of blocks in every direction. Pretty crazy seeing how dark everything was. Almost spooky except for all the other cars.

2 Likes

Infrastructure, the thing nobody thinks or talks about until it fails.

2 Likes

Brown out? Idaho power has the best uptime in the whole US… thats pretty strange

Yeah, I definitely don’t think about it. It’s bazaar because it wasn’t windy or anything. I’d guess someone took out a pole, but I haven’t heard anything about that either. Maybe a transformer somewhere blew IDK.

Yup, I forget power outages happen. It probably has something to do with the lack of storms we get.

Reactive power loss I looked it up earlier today… Too many people running their AC… Gas turbines didnt come up in mountain home fast enough KEK