L1's Garage

Liveries for the final factory outing of the Ford GT at Le Mans, also has the GTLM Pro-Am entry of Ben Keating who is the first privateer to be allowed to purchase the car.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/ford-unveils-celebration-liveries-for-24h-le-mans/

They became legal in the states (that itself will likely drive prices up A LOT)- I’ve wanted one ever since driving a friends in 2007. I really, really want one, but can’t justify getting one…

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to import one for a few years, and last I looked it would have cost me less then $3k to get one here legally.

I’m so jealous you got to drive one.

1 Like

I use Valvoline synthetic oil for all my cars.

I’m a Pennzoil ultra platinum guy

Seen their chemical process the oil is superior… Its distilled into an oil from natural gas

The additive package makes it gold… Literally its a clear base stock

I’ve used Mobil 1 the entire time in my 3.

1 Like

Thought I was falling for clickbait, but no, I didn’t know any of those 7 things (not that I know anything about drag racing). Very interesting.

3 Likes

re: @SoulFallen :
So glad i live somewhere we do not have snow and salt on the roads.

Underside of my car is pretty pristine… daily driver.

1 Like

Definitely interesting. Good share!

1 Like

So looking to get my dad some decent towing mirrors for his 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500.
Any quality recommended brands?
Was looking to color match them, might be able to source the paint in a rattle can and just DIY.
The stock mirrors are alright but he loves the tall view of the tow mirrors when he had his F250.

Raced my Spark against a Fiat 500 Abarth on the freeway today (60-90mph), surprisingly very similar acceleration. I think his was slightly quicker, but he’d slip a little bit behind every time he shifted. When we hit 80 he started reeling me in, and I think he got past me before I hit my governor at 90, and when that happened he obviously left me in the dust. Lol stupid governor.
I caught back up with him and gave him a thicc thumbs up.

That was so much fun!

2 Likes

I should’ve posted this earlier (back when I actually bought the damn thing), but I got a new car.

Infiniti Q50S (2015) - not my video, but this is essentially it

If anyone has one or has had experiences with it I’d love to hear what you’ve got to say! (Good, bad, otherwise)

It has a center console display running on an Intel processor (running their “Infiniti InTouch” software) and I was wondering if anyone has done anything interesting as far as customizing it or rooting it or some modifications to it.

The map just seems to be a swappable SD card in the console armrest compartment, which has given me ideas…

I was also curious to see if anyone has done anything neat with the auxiliary video media hub, also in that compartment (seen on 4-25 and 4-26 of this manual)

1 Like

Full detail today. (will probably extend to tomorrow.

3 Likes

Oh man that looks lovely. I cant stand black but dayum… I can tell… you have that cerazmic coat dont you… that level of gloss

Not yet. That’s going on today.

That’s just a gorgeous factory coat of paint on a 2013 car that’s been taken care of well.

OOOOF lol… well Im curious to see what a well done coat on that will make it look like… Get ready for some DEEP gloss

That’s what I love about Mercedes paint. It’s got some serious depth to it even in a WIP stage.

I hadn’t done the finishing pass on this paint yet lol

They work hard on their paint. I love that about them. The only american manufacturer that comes close is Lincoln… Their premium paint jobs are actually very well done… absolutely no orange peal

1 Like

This has a bit of peel, but the picture doesn’t show it well.