L1's Garage

No it never overheats.
But it does use some oil i guess.

Strange to have white sludge. its near summer time. That rarely happens in the winter and I live in an alpine climate

The white sludge was in winter time.

Ahh okay thats likely normal. Given how much closer things are in europe … Your engine might not have time to adequately evaporate the moisture…

Yeah recently my door lock also broke.
Now i cannot lock my door with the key only by hand.

VAG quality. :slight_smile:

you know honestly thats why we have trucks out here… big engine bays… lovely to work on… sturdy if you maintain them :wink:

This is the only type of oil I use in my car.

OEM spec filters is all I use as well.

1 Like

Anyone care to read about the time I added factory cruise control on my car?

Just drove 250 miles on a broken control arm. Literally broke at nearly the farthest point from home on my trip.

3 Likes

Jezus how did you pass MOT?

1 Like

wtf is MOT? i ain’t gotta pass shit where i live.

Good thing there’s MOT here, before cheap people who don’t maintain their cars kill themselves and others with cars like these.

1 Like

ididn’tdieandneitherdidanyoneelse.jpg

Self-complexity & soon ™

nah i’m getting both lowers replaced, since this one snapped the other is probably close. I will live to drive another day

You won’t be the only one driving in cars like those.
Others most likely won’t notice till it’s to late and those people most of the time don’t have the driving skill to “safe” whatever there is to safe.
Instead they steer into whatever *obstruction instead of around it.
Like people do.

*Your dog, house, child, infant, car, wall, pack of handicapped people, truck filled with gas, extremely dry patch of forest, etc.

1 Like

Glad you made it home safely. That’s an impressive amount of corrosion.

It wasn’t nearly this bad when I checked it last season… The other side is just as bad just not broken.

1 Like

Meh, you could get another year out of it before the other half breaks.

2 Likes

… the wheel is forard half a foot and the steering walks itself… sure why not.