L1's Garage

Couldn’t afford the performance model. This one was free though. Just need to tape it in place and glue the exhaust on.

1 Like

Make sure you have plenty of elbow grease for that job. Oh and don’t forget your headlight fluid.

Upgrade to an ej253/257 and headgaskets will be a thing of the past. Then you just have to worry about cracking ringlands :grin:

I made an egr block off plate. Aka absolute cancer according to Cali.

6 Likes

thought headlight fluid wasn’t used for many years on this model,
Did you mean the blinkerfluid?
If not topped off it affects the fog-lights for some reason…

1 Like

Got some condensation… from standing still in winter conditions

It has been running stationary for a while, hence the carbon blackness.
A couple a refs later…

I don’t understand why trucks look like a 2 bit hooker at a sema or truck show.

This is known to the state of California to rustle Jimmies.

I too have deleted my EGR but seeing as I’ve never pulled the engine I don’t have block off plates, I’ve just corked the hoses.

1 Like

Haha. I couldn’t decide which one to recommend, but Red vs Blue came to mind and they said headlight fluid, so that’s what I think it needs.

1 Like

anyone got rec’s on a double din android radio? preferably with gps and that will work with my existing bluetooth + steering wheel controls

1 Like

I’ve been looking at those, but I haven’t tried any yet. I’d also be interested to know if anyone here has gotten one at some point.

really the only one ive heard about is atoto

I just searched for “android head unit” in amazon, and been going through those.
If I get one it’ll probably be this one.

the reason i like the atoto one is cuz its got obd link so you can use an app (torque i think) to show all kinds of info, has a live tpms display with an addon, dash and back up cam addons too
it is 350 or so tho, so not cheap

I’d have to look again, but I thought that one did have an ODB link, or maybe it was an option. I’ll look tomorrow (must sleep).

I’ll also have a look at yours.

Stock starter is a goliath and major pita to install with long tube headers. Bought a cute mini starter, hopefully it goes in ez.

2 Likes

What’s the cost on those?

This is the powermaster 9100 for SBC. Made in USA $111 on amazon. Summit was $120 but they will price match if you ask.

Three hole version I think was around $130-140 but I’m maybe at 10:1 and stock displacement so shouldn’t be necessary.

3 Likes

Looking into upgrading the turbo in my WRX because I like cracked ringlands I guess.

I need help

What causes cracked ringlands? Detonation?