L1's Garage

I’ve had this problem with both my EVs, and my father also had it with his. I found the solution is to blast the heater for the last miles of my trip.

So, my RGV250 on the trailer, off to get it’s heart transplant…

Also going to get a preventative top end rebuild (new engine has 17,000 km on it, and pistons/rings are generally done every 20,000 or so - easier while it’s out; pistons and rings are cheap and may as well do it early).

Also the proper black fuel tank is getting a new filler cap seal on it (i have a heap of spares in the shed hence the blue tank, etc.) :smiley:

Can’t wait to get it back. It’s such an amazing little bike to ride.

2 Likes

Yesterday I was cruising Kijiji and found an ad for 1/2 barrel of toluene [~20 gallons]. Met the guy and gave him C$10.00. Yep, two fins. So what am I going to do with that stuff? Well, there’s a few things it’s good for other than huffing. It’s a great solvent for oil based automotive paint or use in place of BraKleen. It’s an octane boost for high compression engines and I just picked up a very warmed over ford 2.3l for my race truck. The original owner was using it in his race sleds. And it’s good when mixed with sodium silicate for softening up tires. Also picked up an engine stand from the same guy for another C$10.00.

1 Like

Where did the snap-on dealer touch you.

3 Likes

I have to agree mostly with @Theonewhoisdrunk. Keep the stock intake system unless you plan to get some kind of chip/reprograming/tuning done to the engine. Also as he stated make sure if you get a “cold air” intake kit make sure it’s not pulling air inside from the engine bay.

1 Like

lol. I picked that up from a kijiji ad. The ad was for something else but in the ad he mentioned a box truck he might sell. I inquired about the truck and I ended up buying a 1980 Grumman Kurbmaster with a 350 chevy engine on propane. It has an dc to ac inverter and propane heat too. I had to replace 4 tires and put in a new steering column. I paid $1000. The Snapon decals are coming off, tho a dealer came by the jobsite one day and said there was no problem keeping them. I figure they are a major thief magnet.

1 Like

He just wants you to advertise their name for free. Tell them that you will charge them to keep their name on there and advertise.

2 Likes

Well cut the exhaust pipe to the size I wanted and put in the tip. No noticeable sound difference in volume or tone but it does look nice.
Well no difference in the cab or with windows down.
Did hear a difference when I was next to it starting up.

nobody would want to hear my V6 anyways
Q_Q

Definitely looking forward to picking up a cold air intake with box for that difference in sound.
Might take it to one of the shops to get welded in as well.

2 Likes

You need these:

It go WOOO WOOOO!

2 Likes

Lawdy nty lmfao. Cali’s recent AB 1824 targets those along with cutouts.
I personally don’t mind the cutouts but the whistle tips would drive me insane.

Its just for decoration thas it

Definitely not with that sound. The Whistler that is.

Look I believe Bubb Rubb and Lil Sis, if you choose not to believe such pillars of the community thats on you.

1 Like

Them nearly crashing an 8 series was probably the highlight of the video.

Took the miata out today. Feels good man. Rain tomorrow, so she’s getting covered.

1 Like

Hmmm was thinking of doing a resonator delete on my Colorado for some noise but what’s your guys opinion if I take my mufler from my sonic that I have not sold and got that welded in place of the stock muffler.
The muffler from my sonic is roughly half the size. Could calculate the internal volume later.
Would definitely give some sound to the truck.
But do you think it would be sufficient?

Just drill some holes in the bottom of the muffler. Cheaper, makes more noise, allows condensation to drip out. /s

1 Like

Keep it quiet. Put in some nice component speakers with an amp to drive them. Maybe a 10" sub for a little extra bump. I went with Focal Access and have been super happy.
Had eclipse, jl and Boston in the past but these are much more warm and full.
Have an old set of jl w1v2 10" sub’s that give plenty of low end.

2 Likes

Seems interesting. Never really been too into sound systems tbh.
I am still going to get my spray on bed liner and class 3 tow hitch at some point as well. Pretty much all I want to do to the truck after that.

Ha started on my resonator delete yesterday,
Starting the car with open pipe is so much fun hahaha.
Just need a new pipe now…

By law our exhaust must be free of leaks so i doubt some drilled holes get trough inspection in the Netherlands.

2 Likes