L1's Garage

4 Likes

I thought black was 10 red was 25…

2 Likes

I bought this Hyundai coupe (Tiburon) from 2000
For a whopping 350,- Euro’s with about 214K Km on the clock.

It needs some maintenance but overall the status is way better then i expected.

As you can see some cleaning goes a long way
It’l be build into a Rally cross car

6 Likes

Those things are gems. Nobody seems to know about them, but they’re pretty decent little cars, if you don’t care about surviving an accident.

Hahaha, i don’t know.
But some good bucket seats, rollcage and multipoint seatbelt will fix that.

2 Likes

Exactly. You’ll be fine with that stuff.

Just commenting on reasons they’re so cheap. Not many people want to rally a Tiburon, so I salute you for being unique!

1 Like

Dang man. $400 USD, and only with 130k miles, not to mention it’s relatively clean looking.
GG man. My deal on the Jimmy looks terrible next to that one. Lol

I’ve heard they’re decently quick from a co-worker that had one.

2 Likes

The interior looks particularly nice.

@Fawkes If you wind up ripping out the interior, selling most of that stuff might recoup most of the price of the car lol

1 Like

Yep everything’ll be ripped out even the airconditioning unit.
So hopefully somebody somewhere is looking for a complete, pristine leather interior for a 19yr old car

Somehow i dislike “non unique” cars, seeing as a drive a Fiat Stilo as a daily.

2 Likes

Wheels up for Daytona o’dark 30 Thursday mornin! Lookin to be a good one… lots of great retroliveries on hand.

1 Like

My whip. I’m over it tbh. Had plans to lower and cam it, port heads, etc but people keep fucking the body up.

Sports car next

2 Likes

Anything in mind?

Idk. Depending on how my insurance claim and the next few months go, I may be looking at selling the truck and buying a newish car. I really like the Audi S6. But for one that I want, it’s probably going to be too expensive for me at this stage in life. Then I won’t have a truck, which you need for truck stuff ya know.

Or I might buy a 240 as a project and keep the truck since it’s paid for. I’m torn between luxury and adrenaline.

At the end of the day though, it’s going to come down to comfort. The streets in my city are probably worse than Detroit and I’m tired of driving a pickup through it when I don’t even need it on a daily basis.

1 Like

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/the-lounge-2019-01-january-cpubg-gets-banned-again-edition/136855/23625?u=adubs

@The_Russian_Spoider

I cant even.

I just cant.

1 Like

I don’t even have a bike because you have to invest good money in safety gear. I admit to not being that knowledgeable of how often you need to update your gear.

I think that is recommended but if you take care of your helmet probably unnecessary

I think you still need to update your safety gear at least. Safety above all else first.

So here is the deal. Does your state require a helmet? Then you might be by law required a new one every 5 years from the date on the helmet (not when you got it) However if your state doesnt require a helmet, then the police don’t care. They just want the serial in case of a wreck so that you cannot claim it more then once on insurance for multiple wrecks. Biggest thing for helmet care is to not put it away wet. You’ll get mold everywhere.

But the first step is to absolutely take the MSF course. You don’t really need gear for it, just enough. A leather jacket, some sort of a boot, some sort of glove. Usually they provide the helmets and the bikes. Chances are, during that course you’ll decide if you want to ride for real or not.

(I only half read through this.)
“every two years.” What a joker. lolol. (There is no update for gear. You update gear when its so worn out, that the armour doesnt stay in place. Helmets have a shelf life by law of 5 years. And usually unless your state requires it, that shelf life is ignored. Just dont buy a helmet already past life) As far as the streetbike vs. dirtbike. I don’t think this guy understands how likely you are to go down on a dirtbike and get injured. While cars are spooky, shit, I know people who havent gone down on a street (I just happen to not be one of those.) Not a single person I know who rides dirt, hasnt gotten hurt.

1 Like

They made us bring all our gear

Did they really for you? I was mandated, just as I said. Some sort of leather, some sort of glove (Mechanics gloves accepted) and some sort of boot. Everything else provided. O needed Eye protection if not a full face helmet (Which they had all quarter face) and jeans