L1's Garage

Same requirements. I should go back and take it again So I can stop lying to the insurance company.

O ok. I actually asked my insurance if they wanted me to go back and do it again for the update and they said “Nah, once we get the msf card once, we leave that box checked. Discount is permanent. We wont discourage you from taking it again though. They have higher training courses too, we would reccomend you do one of those as opposed to the learners course.”

1 Like

But then they’ll make me do the hard stuff and on my bike not the little tw200 they gave me

1 Like

Yea they sure will. I opted to just go in a parking lot and try to git good at gymkhana on my vfr. I learned I didnt have the balls until I welded a crash cage on it.

IM SO SAD MY VFR IS ALL BEAT UP. :c

Im pretty close to walking on my own now though. I got a stick to keep me from falling but no more crutches.

3 Likes

I probably have one of the easiest bikes to do that stuff on but my balls are only so big.

1 Like

This guy on the other hand, either has huge balls, or no brains. Its hard to tell sometimes. Im gonna go with the latter.

2 Likes

Five years sounds much more realistic for brain buckets.

Could always pick up a cheap beater adrenaline chaser, but you could also pick up a cheap truck and get a nice daily. Most luxury cars are surprisingly quick.

Do you have a drivetrain preference AWD vs RWD?

RWD for sure. Not against AWD though.

If I went the 240 route I wouldn’t get too obnoxious with the power and set it up clean.

I’ve driven the piss out of my old roommates Audi A4 S Line coupe and it didn’t have the power to justify the purchase to me. The problem is I can’t afford a new S6 lol

240s always have a hefty drift tax on them. Speaking of which, are you going to give drafting a whirl?

Yeah I’ve done a little in the Miata I used to have. If the car is clean I’m not about to be doing tandems though. There’s a pretty big drifting scene in Louisiana

If I bought one it would probably be an imported JDM car

1 Like

Importing it would be sweet, and I’d love to follow you’re build. Sounds like a whole lot of fun!

I’ve been seriously considering importing a Suzuki Cappuccino. Lol

even though I’d have to put off getting a house for a bit longer.

Hagerty hits it out of the park with every one of these vids.

Edit: That surper charger arrangement is super different from how I knew those worked. Any ideas what that kind is called? I knew about a roots blower which was one of those afaik and not two intertwined

2 Likes

Hmm. Guess I never posted in this thread before. Well, I used to drive a 2007 Honda Civic until a nice older lady decided to run a red light in broad daylight during the busy lunch time in the middle of downtown Bellevue, WA and T-bone me. I had just finished paying the car off too :frowning: Once that car was declared totaled, I went shopping for a new vehicle (this was in 2015) with the mindset of specifically staying away from Civics and looking for something different. I looked at and test drove the various alternatives (Impreza, Mazda 3/6, etc), but unfortunately Honda had hooked me on the Civic’s dash layout and features. For whatever reason I really love the two-tiered dash layout with the digital speedo and status/info screens (even the 2007 civic had a digital-only speedo!).

Anywho, I ended up buying another civic and I’m still driving it today. I think the most awesome feature of the 2015 Civic that makes it pretty unique is Honda’s Lane Watch technology that was totally unique to select Honda models in 2015. When I bought the car, I thought for sure that side-view blindspot cameras were the way of the future, but strangely, Honda pretty much dropped the feature the next year. I did some quick digging online and it seems like nobody knows why the feature was sunset. I’m assuming maybe it was a cost issue or that certain folks got distracted by the camera (?!) It is really unfortunate though because it is 1 million times better than the terrible blindspot detectors now that beep at you. The only real drawback I can see is that you do become somewhat reliant on the camera, so I’m always looking at the center infotainment area when checking my passenger blindspot when I drive other cars before I realize that I need to use silly antiquated mirrors :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Giving my Colorado is first wash.
Not sure if I am fully comfortable with the truck already or what but it feels somewhat shorter than it did about 3 weeks ago.
Anybody every experience this?

2 Likes

Yeah you’re getting used to it. My mini still continues to feel smaller than before. Though it is the first nice car I’ve owned so I want to be careful with it.

2 Likes

That is a roots style blower. They have 2 meshing impellers run off the crank. In this case run off the accessory drive belt.

2 Likes

They’re so good at capturing the art of these mechanical machines.

Beautiful!

Clever lol

7 Likes

More perks for having a junk car.