L1's Garage

Probably wont happen but I’m hoping grand tour tests the new roadster this season.

teslaroadster2020ecotechnicacomua5

1 Like

Roadsters are better than supercars in my opinion. Not like you will be able to go 200mph where ever you want.

1 Like

That shouldn’t stop you from trying

1 Like

No. Roadsters are more fun than supercars any day. A lotus Elise on winding roads or regular driving is much more fun.

That car sounds amazing, but I’m having a heck of a time getting into it because I can’t not seem to look past the fact they’re calling it a roadster when it is most definitely not.

Im pretty sure the Venom GT was the best of both worlds right? Trying to do 200 on those winding roads in a roadster. /s

edit: Or maybe 300 considering the new one

Some cheap Chinese rubber grommets that cost $35. All I can do is repeat what the fuck to myself

Mom’s car has died again, second time this has happened.

It’s weird, she’ll start the car and it’ll shake violently for a few seconds before shuddering and dying. Then it won’t even turn over for ~10 minutes. After sitting for a bit she can turn it on and it’ll run just fine. Doesn’t seem to be weather related and the battery doesn’t seem to be dead since all electricals still work.

What’s going on there?

What kind?

Rebuilding the parking brakes. Those are the grommets for the pivot arm. The hardware kit and brake shoes were $40 which seems reasonable.

2001 Subaru Outback.

It’s been looked at by techs and they don’t have a clue what’s happening, and my mom doesn’t really want to throw parts at a car that old.

Maybe a timing issue. How reproducible is the problem?

It’s not. Seems to be infrequent and completely random. First time was after driving about 30 miles on some back roads in October, second time was this morning while she went to the bank about five miles away.

Timing’s been checked, new timing belt, fuel pump has been checked, plugs and wires checked/replaced, and an oil change.

Could be bad ignition switch. Bad ground somewhere…

Hmm. Still not quite sure where those go, or what they’re for, and when I looked under my Jimmy to see if I could spot them I found out it has drums in the back, I was a bit more surprised than I should have been. Lol

Anyway, I haven’t done anything under the back half of these things, so I got nothing.

New cars for all the mothers!
My mother’s looking for a new car too.

I’ve had to deal with that before. If that’s the problem RIP, that’s not easy to trace (at least in my case).

Still finding more carnage on the Jimmy.
When I went to put the lower ball joint in, it wasn’t sitting quite right and when I looked underneath…

I’m not sure if I could get it to work or not, but I’m just going to get another one from the junk yard. So much for getting that ball joint.

2 Likes

That like to dislike ratio.

2 Likes

This.

1 Like

Whoop. Maybe start the brake lines next.

5 Likes

Looking good! +10hp x2

2 Likes