L1's Garage

Yes. That is just about it. The Ford is a working mans truck. And the jeep is just a cheap vehicle for college kids.

Those straight 6 Jeeps from the 90’s are pretty reliable. I would stay away from anything made in 98 and after though. They are known for having cracking cylinder heads. Because the metal composition changed I guess at that time.

1 Like

actually… now that you mention it… you can almost do that. but it has no handbrake. airbrakes parking brake is boolean

I hope that is just surface rust on the F350.

Not currently in the US. I know they do for other markets though.

That’s what I did, but I would prefer to buy from a place someone has already had a good experience with.

It’s a diesel, so probably not as cool as you were thinking. From what I understand they get extremely good MPG though.

1 Like

See most of my shit is racing related… and from a specific maker who doesn’t sell random things instead its team and personal merchandise. Throw an order, use a credit card in case you need to dispute and see what happens.

1 Like

That’s cool!
I’m wanting the actual car on it though.

Like this

Anyway. Guess I’m going to give this site a try.

Edit: I ordered it. Hopefully it’s a good quality shirt.

2 Likes

I test drove a Kia Stinger GT today. Got to say it’s a pretty impressive car. Feels like all the power hits at 2500 RPM and stays there all the way to redline, and it feels very solid both power and handling wise. Build quality seems very good, and the only gripe I had was the seats weren’t very comfortable to me… At all.

Kia feels all growed up.

For all the Subaru Fanboys here, check out what was in my Subaru dealers showroom.

It’s the limited edition “Cool Gray Khaki” BRZ.

1 Like

Interesting color. I kinda like it.

Hey, the stinger is pretty badass.

1 Like

I like it too, but my mother’s the one looking for a new car, and she didn’t like the color at all. Too bad, limited edition cars hold their value much better.

Indeed. It’s hard to believe that thing’s made by Kia.

1 Like

So true. Oh well.

1 Like

BRZ is still absolutely gutless. 6th gear doesnt work in the mountains but its fun going down hill through the bendys.

Wife has the hyper blue.

2 Likes

We were trying to test drive one, but they only had the one in the show room. We’ll probably test drive one in a week or two.
I understand the BRZs aren’t the fastest thing, I put it in a personal category next to the Miata.
It’s funny, the guy at the Kia dealer said the BRZ is a good fun car, but this Kia Stinger would wipe the floor with it (of course trying to sway us towards the Kia.). Lol

Nice Mazda.

Thanks, its actually a Pontiac but no big deal.

Pontiac is back? I wonder if all those people saying that they are trans has something to do with it.

Kia are actually ( supposedly ) being considered for the contract to provide police vehicles here when the current contract runs out next year…

Apparently they’re looking specifically at stingers…

I think that car would make a fantastic police cruiser. Lots of immediate power, AWD, and loads of space for anything they’d need to put in it.

Does seem odd to have a foreign cop car, but we probably import practically everything to make our “American” cars anyways.

Worked on my Jimmy today.

My Jack and jackstands are in my father’s garage, so I used the emergency jack, and the wheel as the jackstand. Full pro status here /s

Mmm, sheared off ball joint.

Bent upper control arm.

New control arm for comparison.

Yep that’s quite bent.

Thought I was going to reuse this lower ball joint, but just like all the others it’s bent to crap. Got to get a new one. Might still do that today.

Edit: ordered

4 Likes

Not so odd down here in NZ…

We literally have zero vehicle design or manufacturing down here… So litrally everything is bought in lol