L1's Garage

Badge engineering amirite.

Yeah. The jeeps had a gm steering column. And a dana axle that gm I think supplied Chrysler with.

Our population is about the same as south carolina, and taxes on cars are very high, except for hydrogen and EVs, those are tax-free.

That’s a huge incentive lol

Yup, they also pay no road tolls and up until recently they got free tickets on many ferries.

Where do you guys get car shirts?

I’m looking around, but unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be many options, and of course I’m uncertain about the quality of the shirts.
So far Redbubble seems to be my best option.

Can’t wait for Mahk to rip Chevy… again.

1 Like

What do you mean by car shirts? Are you talking manufacturers? Funny shirts? Race shirts? etc?

The only one I got is from the old official McLaren-Mercedes F1 team. I usually only buy the merch from official stores.

https://m.mclarenstore.com/stores/mclaren/mobile/en/product/mclaren-hugo-boss-2012-team-shirt-signed-by-jenson-button/179139

dis is what i drive for work. Has a couple of quirks, but we are trying to iron it out

I want licensed merch, but I don’t want to give up an arm, lag, and my first born. I’ll see about an official Mazda store though.

I’m looking for a quality Mazda RX3 shirt.

Do they make a diesel mazda? Asking for a friend

Just a Mazda RX3 shirt? Probably google and find them.

Take it drifting

Saw this commercial on Hulu recently and sputtered out something a long the lines that it would be challenged/bold claim/will get called out by the industry (pats self on back, takes sip from Toyota kool-aid, reassures self 4 door supra will be completed someday…)

Only redeeming qualities for those shitty Chevrolet commercials is they make great fodder for Mahk.

1 Like

A turbo version + Japanese built, very interesting.

I’ve always liked how Jeeps look, and like the 4 doors, but growing up were Japanese cars reign supreme, I always saw Jeeps as a no-go/not reliable. When I wheel my Taco, props to the crazy Jeepers out there that are crazy, and that their rigs are very capable but I still can’t shake how cheap a lot of the parts look/feel and issues with the long term.

Well, Jeep still has the Wrangler, which has no direct competition in the US that I know of.

I would imagine most people who want a Wrangler don’t really care about who made Jeeps during WW2, at least not the point where it’s a deterrent. They just want a Wrangler, whether that be because they look cool, they’re capable off-road, aftermarket support, whatever. And you can still get them brand new or even slightly used, unlike the Bronco. Everyone else has moved to crossovers for the most part, so if you want small or medium-sized and off-roady, you’re looking at a Wrangler.

Be that as it may. But the majority of Jeeps that get upgrades done to the diffs and axles are from fords. Explorer or a f250.

I’ll give them this, off road with small mods they are very capable, the right minor mods would out-wheel my modified TRD Tacoma. The peeps that wheel them hard and have a daily for when it’s down, I kinda get. A coworker had a fairly new Jeep-- but I didn’t know it was that new, whenever he talked about it (what was wrong with it) I assumed he bought an old beater. Then I saw him in the parking lot, damn near brand new looking Jeep and he popped the hood showing me his coolant issue, potential head gasket issue, leaking weather trim around the doors etc. My jaw dropped at all the old car problems in this new car. He has a Toyota now :wink: That said I don’t understand the ‘normies’ that buy them just to city drive- horrible MPG, not a smooth driver and horrible reliability just for a look/style.

2 Likes