L1's Garage

they better do better then 350…

hell, the rumors for the next Nissan Z car is 400/475 hp
So if nissan is making a sports car faster than a supra from the factory… they will get shit on so much

1 Like

i mean it’s rumors at this point? who tf knows. i’m just happy sports cars are coming back.

2 Likes

Just what we need. They better make them more expensive.

Well i guess that BMW needs a turbo now to get to those figures.
If you compair that to the BMW M3 E36 which had 321hp or the M3 E46 with 342HP NA engines.
That might say something?

The US variant was gimped at 240. :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah the E36 kinda had three variants i believe.
A US one which was gimped.
And a first gen E36 M3 which was a 3.0 with 286HP manual 5 speed,
i believe 1991 till 1995, then there was the facelift E36 with the 321HP 3.2 engine with manual 6 speed.

1 Like

Alfa Romeo Giullia QV has a twin turbo V6 2.9 litre with 510HP.
That car is just soooo cool… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My dad recently acquired a 2008 BMW X3 3.0si

2 Likes

What I read said the Supra is a BMW parts car. Most of the mechanical drivetrain bits are BMW. Even Toyota says the only Toyota parts are the body and ECU.

if its true, i’d think they split the diff (price) b/t the q50/q60 and the 370z (as long as the Z doesnt weigh more)

from what I see in my 370z… id be wiling to pay another 7k for 100+whp from the factory

here’s to hoping they make it light and handle well

Alright, I got my parts, and this time I took a pickle fork for those pesky ball joints.

after I replace this hopefully the wheel will be in the center of the wheelwell again. Lol

2 Likes

Almost done however…
While test fitting the calipers I noticed the disk was extended about .2 inch too far and wasn’t center in the caliper bracket. Turns out the axles for the disk brakes are that much shorter to accommodate the difference in the disk flange thickness to maintain the overall width for the wheels.
I already replaced the wheel studs in the axled used on the drum brakes not thinking there would be a difference.
So there’s $30 wasted.

Pic of the pretty coated disks.

2 Likes

So cut off .2 off the spline end. If worried put some type of marking compound on and install/remove axle and look to see if there is enough spline to work with. A grinder and zip disc will make short work of the extra length.

These are retained by c-clips. Removing any material from the end could be catastrophic. I’ll just use the blazer axles, they’re not in bad shape.

0112or_axle07_zoom

1 Like

Right. I’m more used to the 9"…no clips.

Lol. Surprisingly entertaining (especially 1 minute 40 seconds in).

Also Forza Horizon 4 works on my PC now. Yay!
The problem I was having: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/the-lounge-2018-10-october-rip-kurama-edition/133116/17406?u=teckmonster

truck i drive at work. ‘06 international 4300 with a 21’ century bed and an SP-8000 sidepuller. 320k miles. just gettin broke in.

3 Likes

hows the tow business?

They already did, it’s called the R32, R33 and R34 GTR.

Faster 0-60, faster on circuit. They didn’t call the R32 Godzilla for nothing. It DOMINATED group A.

Just like even the 2007 GTR will piss on this new Supra.

Don’t get me wrong. I love the JZA80. But this new one is tame. It better be affordable, but given it’s basically a BMW in different clothes i suspect not.