L1's Garage

Also, is a 3.0 straight 6 going to provide enough power?

mid 200s was plenty for the 90s, but today we need near 400 and I don’t know any NA 6cyl that can provide that kind of power.

yeah… cyl arrangement should matter.

the 2jz was known (straight 6) to hold 1xxx HP on a stock block with upgraded head studs.

The z4 is rated for about 450hp or 498hp depending on if the water injection is working.

so i’d expect power to be the same or more compared to z4

1 Like

The bmw B58B30 packs 387 ponies.

I guess the question is, can Toyota compete?

Nope, also it’s an automatic, gross.

1 Like

But that’s turbo. I didn’t see any news of a turbo on the new supra.

Hmmm, apparently it will have a turbo.

Love this new 3er, gonna go test drive it

1 Like

It better have a turbo or it can go into the trash alongside the BRZ.

2 Likes

That does look decent.

The BRZ is missing two turbos and two cylinders.

4 Likes

The concept was definitely much cooler… something tells me crash regulations jacked it the fuck up.

it’s missing 1 twinscroll turbo and no cylinders.

fight me

I saw the original plans. Didn’t say anything about a turbo, but their manufacturing equipment got messed up so they had to settle and leave out the other 4 cylinders it should have had.

I just don’t understand why they wouldn’t put an STI (or FA WRX) engine in it… it’s not like it would canabalize their WRX sales as it’s a completely different platform. Literally makes no sense to me.

Ya I totally agree. Maybe to keep it cheap? But that just seems silly because it’s a niche car anyways. Or they could have at least included a high performance option. But no. Maybe they thought that it’s better to keep the initial cost cheap because people are going to want to do their own mods anyways. I dunno.

Maybe they went with the V6 Mustang philosophy: It’s morally wrong, but they’ll still get plenty of sales from girls, and dudes who just want a Mustang badge and don’t care about substance.

The BRZ has the engine set back 10 inches for better CG.
The regular WRX turbo engine won’t fit.

That’s their excuse anyways. I know someone who turbo’ed their BRZ and it was so fast it scared him to death. He sold it and the new guy crashed it a week later.

It better… It’s a damn Supra

1 Like

By name only.

how so? the flagship model features a turbo inline 6 and it’s supposed to make like 350 horsepower… and in case if you havent checked performance BMW engines make stupid power with some bolt ons just like a 2Jz. not sure why everyone is throwing so much hate at this thing.

Do i particularly like it? no but i don’t like the mk4 either they’re both ugly.