L1's Garage

I just realized I’ve been confusing the Z4 and the M4…

I’d hope that they put the power of the M4 into the new Supra and not the Z4

Hmm. Gotta say the new Supra is quite underwhelming. Only 330hp (with a turbo‽)… That’s only 4hp more then the mk4. It’s electronically limited to 155mph which is the same as the 03 Volvo V70R (station wagon), it has non-functional vents, it’s powered by a BMW engine, and last but not least there’s no manual.

Unless that engine can handle 800hp on stock internals that car doesn’t seem all that Supra to me.

2 Likes

It probably can… Have you seen bmws inline 6s? They’re the modern 2jz

The lack of a manual is full tard mode though.

2 Likes

If curb weight is under 3200 lbs… And price is under 35k…it might just be worth it. If the engine is not made of glass

1 Like

The Z4 engine is supposed to be 4cyl… nevermind… just watching the video… 3.0l 6cyl

wow pretty disappointed.
base model is 49k and you’re stuck with 335hp and an automatic trans

This is my reaction to pretty much everything coming from the auto industry in the last couple years.

It’s not that hard.

Just give me this:

1. Forged motor
  2. under 3200lbs
  3. front engine, rear wheel drive.

is that so hard to understand?

4 Likes

Haven’t looked into them yet, but that’s sounding pretty great!

400% agree. That car is dead to me, and it can sit in a grave next to the Dodge Demon. It’s a tragedy for manual enthusiasts.

Honestly that would make so much more sense with it’s HP numbers. AKA, Focus RS with 350hp.

2 Likes

Theres 3 cars and a motorcycle in my garage. The one that isnt manual is my wifes. That said… I’m kinda getting tired of them. They arent significantly better in any way anymore. They are slower than the average auto, and just make more work for a little bit of fun.

I’m ready for a DCT or a good auto. Maybe I’m just getting old.

3 Likes

I’m with you. Give me a good auto, and I’ll be fine. The problem is that the transmission in my Benz is an absolute dog.

2 Likes

Yeah. I get that. And I too would probably get tired of only driving manual, but if it’s a car I drive for kicks I have a hard time believing I’d go for an auto. I do except that autos are better now, but I think I’ll always want manuals in my weekend cars

Slap a 4l80e in er

/s

1 Like

Seen at Sebring Super Tour this past weekend on a Spec Miata:

4 Likes

I’ll rub you

2 Likes

Oh my!

And here a few cars from this past weekend that took that to a whole nother level:

3 Likes

I’d rather have an automatic with paddle shifters than a stick at this point in my life. Easier to drive in stop and go traffic yet can still hold it in the desired gear.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s the issue with spec miata.

You shouldn’t expect your car to make it through.

My 3 has the sequential auto… love it, can play when I want, be lazy when I want.

Pretty much, this event was pretty damned bad for carnage. Other races were cut short due to vehicle rolls, car fires, etc. Everyone amping up themselves and their cars for the Runoffs for some reason thinking they have to win now with multiple Super Tours coming up. Last year wasn’t nearly this bad with it on the west coast and not many going.

this is why miatas are getting expensive

change my mind