L1's Garage

There is one dude in my local SCCA autocross who has an original Lotus 7 with a 11,000 RPM Toyota race motor. That thing sounds sick! Like hyperactive Killer Bees operating a sewing machine.

Damn… that would be insane, autocross folks are a bit different.

2 Likes

Hahaha. I can’t believe Mazda made this in 96.

3 Likes

That is a great name for it to. Carol. Brilliant.

1 Like

soo… at work (i got a new jerb with a better company), our f-650 rollback with 600k miles… had a stuck caliper… (hydraulic brakes)

fried the rear seal and the rotor. to remove the rotor, you have to remove the caliper, axle, hub assembly, and unbolt the rotor. i wish id gotten photos.

problem is that… i was able to remove the spindle nut… by hand!

3 Likes

I’m fucking livid and I don’t even live in California

someone start a go fund me to nuke California seriously fuck off.

2 Likes

Fuck, I need to get the turbo on the Miata so I can quiet down the exhaust.

Wait, “if any part of your exhaust is modified”?

So like, in my situation…

Where I was literally suffocating from the CO, and I had to buy aftermarket parts because Mazda doesn’t make replacement parts anymore, I can get a ticket for literally not wanting to die?

Yeah, fuck them. I will flat out refuse to pay that if they give me one.

Do they count CARB legal parts in this?

2 Likes

hope someone with money challenges this shit all the way to the supreme court California is literally insanity. you could not pay me a million dollars to live there

2 Likes

I’ve got a feeling Jay Leno would go after this.

3 Likes

Thread name change

Just a quick heads up I'll be changing the name of the thread to L1's Garage tomorrow evening.

There’s a high of 50 degrees today for whatever reason, so I’m going to see about addressing this problem on the Jimmy.

The upper control arm is also bent, so I’ll see about replacing it as well.

Wonder if the junkyard is going to be busy, since it’ll be oddly warm today.

2 Likes

Ah, I got to the junkyard too late. They closed 30 minutes earlier then I thought. Got started on it, but it was quite an underwhelming trip. My father wants to go as well, so I’m going to wait until Saturday.

And uhh… have a boost meme!
20190110_203832

4 Likes

Ah, winter hours?

I’ve been happy with the Mazda i owned, they’re very popular in Australia and review well in general (Mazda 3, 6, CX7, CX9).

The Mazda(Speed) 6 MPS is one mazda that was pretty potent, outside of the RX7 models… all wheel drive, 300hp turbo in something reasonably light. Not sure if you guys ever got them in the states…

2 Likes

LS into miata is always the answer

1 Like

That’s what I thought, but the guy behind the counter said, nope year round hours. I swear they used to be open until 6.

We did. I have a buddy that has one.

1 Like

“teased for nearly 200 years” Not sure if typo, or a joke. :thinking:

Ill be waiting to hear people’s thoughts and reviews. I like the way it looks, although I think the rear narrows off a bit much.

1 Like

What an ugly car.

It suffers from the Z4 frontend.

2 Likes

if it does not have a manual option its not really a sports car.

2 Likes