L1's Garage

That’s something I’ve never thought about, and you would see why if you saw my vehicles. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m finally getting around to the lower balljoints on my 93 Ranger. Of course once you dig in you find more than you want to. I replaced the outer u-joint on the passenger side drive axle as well as the seal. Ive never done the seal on a drive axle before and there is some left over parts from the kit. I hate that. It may be the kit is meant for more than one type of situation but they should have some instructions.

Well, the left over parts are for the spindle.

1 Like

So… Never owned a Mazda… But thinking of a CX9

I’ve heard they’re good.

All mazdas could use another 20-40hp, but I’m sure there’s never gonna be enough, considering your daily.

1 Like

Screenshot_20190107-182008_Chrome
Hell yeah! I didn’t expect the Jimmy I just picked up to have an LSD. It’s probably an Eaton locker, which tend to go out, so I won’t hold my breath that it still has it.

My last Blazer had the code, but I’m pretty sure it got replace with an open diff at some point.

1 Like

Mother has one. It’s fairly decent but @SgtAwesomesauce is right. It could use some power.

i mean its not a sport car… but its rated at 250bhp…

thats not terrible for 28MPG

2 Likes

It’s definitely not bad. Just leaves something to be desired when passing. I might just be spoiled when it comes to that.

1 Like

Yes  

1 Like

This is lulz worthy

1 Like

2 Likes

5 Likes

Thats why I went with the 2.5 liter in my 11 hatchback… the 2.0 and 2.3 were under powered considering how heavy the car is.

At the SCCA Runoffs this year at VIR there probably will be 100 to 125 or so Miata’s represented in Spec Miata, Touring 3 and Touring 4, E and F production(more F than E). Hell… you can the older Global MX5 as is in T4 so there may some of those guys crossing over too.

My brother is building a Lotus 7 and using a gently crashed ex-race spec MX-5 as a donor car.

I designed his Creamsicle “livery”.

He finally got the Miata running well and I couldn’t resist busting my brothers chops a bit.

“Now that you have a running Miata, why take it apart to build a worse Lotus?”

3 Likes

Why the hell would you build a reliable Lotus 7? That ruins the fun of owning a Lotus.

4 Likes

Modern Lotus tend to be fairly reliable considering they are basically supercharged camry’s afaik

1 Like

Lotus 7’s are certainly not modern.

someday I’d like to build myself a Caterham… someday…

1 Like

There are still some original Super 7’s and Caterham’s floating around SCCA… and depending on prep/driver can still do well.