L1's Garage

An electric GM car?

so it uses electrolysis to burn oil more efficiently?

3 Likes

Spark EV.

Ah, so that’s why they didn’t recall these ones, and take them to the middle of the desert to get crushed this time (90s EV1).

someone stole the mazda-rati… (roadkill truck)

1 Like

Weld all their crank-shafts together and make a disgusting Frankenstein rust bucket.

2 Likes

That would be something else. A 5.3LS, two 4.3s, and an electric motor.

Grand total power (assuming no losses):
809 hp
1,152 ft-lbs

1 Like

Couple leads on a transmission hope one turns out well. Six speed manuals are such a rarity these days. Much disappoint.

2 Likes

That’s sweet!
Later down the road I hope to put a 6 speed in my 4 door s10.

My stilo’s got one. Many cars in europe have got one mainly the french and italian cars.

Anyway made myself a fancy bracket to hold rhe airfilter and carterfilter. The shitty original 1mm steel one was showing metal fatigue.

1 Like

It cost more oil to make fuel efficient and electric cars every year. So a gas guzzling bronco is technically fuel efficient. Even if you upgrade the injectors and reprogram the ecu.

Thats kind of retarded. Whats your opinion on cat’s?

Maybe watch some engineering explained videos

They hurt fuel economy and performance.

1 Like

so, just bought a new 17,000 km engine for my rgv 250.

happy days :slight_smile:

edit:
for those not familiar

mine is a vj22

I think that might be pushing it a bit. If you said a Honda Civic or something like that I would be much more inclined to agree.

But in complete honestly, I have no clue if a small gas car or an EV is more “green”. You got people on both sides saying theirs is more “green”, but I have yet to see an agreement from either side that didn’t conveniently leave something out.

I choose to daily an EV because it’s extremely reliable, very quick for an econobox, and costs me less to own (both maintenance, and electricity vs petrol. I drive 40 miles 5 days a week, and my Spark cost me less then $15 a month in electricity. To drive my Volvo (28mpg) that same distance would cost cost me $70 a month. That’s with today’s cheap gas, but that used to be well over $100 a month.

TL;DR: The EV is insanely less expensive to drive (for me), so for better or for worse I don’t care which one’s more “green”.

1 Like

Not to mention Engineering Explained always showing those sub $5K EV with plenty of warranty left in them.
Wonder if second hand still applies for government subsidies

Sadly no (at least for Idaho), but that’s still a lot of car per dollar.

Unless it’s a Mitsubishi i-MiEV. Lol

1 Like

No mandatory emissions inspection and cats are 30 years old. Should I just delete the cats? Not like emissions will be an issue since there are so many cars with variable valve timing and fuel efficient hybrids.

As someone who has run with hollow cats before. I’d put new cats in if you can afford it.

You can definitely tell from smell a car that has no cats, and if you’re going to be around it inhaling any of the air near it I’d consider it to be worth it for your own health if nothing else.

YMMV

2 Likes

Ehh. Not like a 69 mustang ever had cats. And the only dangerous thing is a idiot driver.

Long day of working on cars. Axle and bearing on the subaru then valve cover and abs unit on the honda.

2 Likes

@TeckMonster

1 Like