L1's Garage

Hilarity… they’re trying to sell a “ranger raptor” here with a 4 cylinder in it. Like it’s some sort of performance vehicle.

Errr… righto…

I was looking at one, tbh, looks like a rebadged F150.
Although, looks like its marketed as an off-roading mid sized pick up.
I like size of older small pick up trucks. This new gen stuff is as big as the mid sized trucks, i.e. Silverado 1500, Dodge 1500, F150, Tacoma.

1 Like

Their Tacoma and 4runner are still true to form. Unfortunately their sports cars are basically dead. Frs/Brz is more Subaru than Toyota

2 Likes

Yeah, the real change here is power and material quality. the base model A6 gets the “shitty leather” and the “premium” model gets a bigger engine and some really fucking nice seats. (and massage chairs, but that’s kinda gimmicky)

So I got to drive Matt Farah’s million mile lexus. The car felt well broken in but pretty much all the electronics worked. The engine did not feel down on power. It was boaty but still smooth.

download_20181222_135029

It smells of burnt oil and no fucks given. If this car could talk, man would it have stories to tell.

From what my friend told me, the plan is to drive it’s 1000000th mile on the way to tavarish and then they are going to turbo it until she lets go.

I kinda want one of these cars now.

3 Likes

Damn, lucky bastard!

Glad you got the opportunity to share.

1 Like

I met him at our local microcenter and the car is so unassuming, so dull, so ordinary I parked 2 spaces away and didnt even notice it. I went into microcenter, met my friend. He bought a new GPU and then as we were walking back out I realized how close I had been and didnt even notice.

It just looks like your normal every day average piece of shit. Every body panel was beat up. It hadnt been washed in so long the dirt was likely preventing rust. The only thing that gave it away was the rear window stickers. The log book was hundreds of entries. I wish I had more time to go through and read it front to back.

1 Like

That’s sweet dude.

What are the chances?

2 Likes

If Mr regular hadn’t made that video about it I would have never saw him and I would have never driven it. What a trip.

1 Like

Oh nice.

My fascination with tiny engines vocalized. Damn, I really want to find myself one of those 250rr’s. Start starting to be able to import them.

3 Likes

Broken exhaust…

Still working… covered in brake dust

3 Likes

I didn’t install the pads since the stock pads still have so much life left

Car sounds quieter, But better… just hope the deer stay away. Butt Dyno feels like a few hp were gained.

Also did an oil change so didn’t have time to bleed the brakes by myself.

1 Like

TPS in my truck took a shit keeps hanging at2k rpm. Was really hoping to wait till it got warm to fix grrr

In other news a guy felt compelled to come across a parking lot and tell me how nice my truck was told me his dad drove one for years till he parked it under a tree and let it rot lol.

2 Likes

Tps hangs at 2k?

Can you elaborate?

sometimes after pressing the throttle it won’t return to idle it’ll hang at like 2k or 1.5k and it’s becoming more regular. also has an issue where it nearly stalls in stop and go such as a mcdonalds drive through (however it won’t have this issue at the same time as the high idle) I’ve determined it’s probably the TPS or even the entire throttlebody.

Welded a front 2" receiver on my Ranger. In the process of assembling a “Homeplow” snowplow that uses a front receiver. Pics later.

1 Like

That’s the idle air control valve. Probably needs cleaning or adjusting.

I spent 3 months sorting idle out on my miata, same symptoms.

1 Like

blipping the throttle can fix it though which is why i don’t think it’s that. i’m not even sure my truck has an IAC?

Is it fuel injected or carb? If it’s injected, it’s got an iacv.