L1's Garage

Hmm. That’s not right…

All the power seemed to be out a couple of blocks in every direction. Pretty crazy seeing how dark everything was. Almost spooky except for all the other cars.

2 Likes

Infrastructure, the thing nobody thinks or talks about until it fails.

2 Likes

Brown out? Idaho power has the best uptime in the whole US… thats pretty strange

Yeah, I definitely don’t think about it. It’s bazaar because it wasn’t windy or anything. I’d guess someone took out a pole, but I haven’t heard anything about that either. Maybe a transformer somewhere blew IDK.

Yup, I forget power outages happen. It probably has something to do with the lack of storms we get.

Reactive power loss I looked it up earlier today… Too many people running their AC… Gas turbines didnt come up in mountain home fast enough KEK

People do it

(not actually an STI swap, but still a Justy turbo)
2 Likes

Mid-engine Corvette gives me a weird feeling.

Wow. I’m not sure. I’ll need to give it some time since it’s so different from the previous ones.

Holly crap, is it AWD?

1 Like

I think there’s only so much you can do with rwd.

They we’re leading me on, but it is only RWD. Which I think I prefer.

However, they ditched the manual trans. I hope developing that manual trans was going to push them over their budget this time around, so they’re saving it for the Z06.
I’m going to hold on to that dream desperately.

2 Likes

Yeah, frankly, I’m okay with an automatic dual clutch. I’ve driven cars with dual clutch and they’re great.

But it’s a Corvette. Sure most people prefer auto, but you should most definitely have the option in this particular car. I can’t believe the Corvette doesn’t give us the Option. WTF! It’s the American sports car, and no manual‽
I’d rather get a Tesla model S at this point (not that either are really an option me).

Also what a load of BS saying you feel just as connected with the DCT as a manual. Have they actually driven a manual? Impossible. So much REEEEE!!!

3 Likes

∆∆ this, all of this.

1 Like

New Fiero?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Good thing I own a slow truck.

It’s ok, I have a slow truck too.
TBH the new Colorados don’t feel slow to me.

1 Like

Yeah pretty zippy for a “small” truck.
I always want to send it like I did my sonic but then I remember “this is a truck not a hot boi race car” lol

1 Like

With front and rear armor, larger tires etc my truck even with the s/c is slow

1 Like