L1's Garage

I think there is a 2023 tax credit so waiting to order next year.

A model 3 update is coming, but I don’t know when it’s hitting production, not sure if I can wait that long (is250 is a ticking lemon bomb)

1 Like

There is they got the free gov money again (not 100% on if they source enough of battery for it but at least 3500)

Guys, I just want to sit here and admire well engineered products here

Morimoto consistently makes amazing lights. Never have I had a better engineered product with the ability to actually help your installment. Not just OE replacement, but they add a few helpful things that make those quality of life improvements on the price tag worth their price

Recently my fog lights got completely and utterly destroyed and shattered by the rocks and the salts and the typical rocky mountain state horrendous extreme winter conditions

This is just a two-banger which has the spotlight in the middle and the very beautiful, beautiful, slick clean aimed beam…

It’s meant to keep it low but long distance and have the spotlights in the center of the road without blinding other people with a singular wavelength of light. And I can already tell you it’s going to snow really heavily this weekend and I’m going to be very happy to see their performance pan out

What’s even cooler is they have this little alignment indicator and they show you the shape it’s supposed to be no matter the vehicle since the 3-in fog light is pretty standard. And if you get that shape perfectly right, you will be within. Compliance and not blinding anybody and that’s guaranteed. They have all the approvals needed on it too as well. So anybody who says that these particular LED bulbs are blinding people. They’re shooting smoke up your ass. It’s also a really nice quality of life improvement. Aiming headlights sucks and it usually requires a nice flat spot with a wall that you can back away from the 35 ft and get them properly aligned

The spotlight beam is a square hotspot beam with a hemispherical bottom round flood in the center

Then the long range square beam that’s ultra wide that allows you to also use your fogs to see animals and any other dangers on the sides of the road Are these very intense Very elongated rectangular focused beams

I swear I’m never doing business with anyone but

https://headlightrevolution.com

4 Likes

Yea, I was thinking about picking up an older medium duty, or heavy duty and just register as a recreational vehicle. Decided on this as I like having my truck anyway. And why pull the truck when the truck can pull the rig. Although, I do really want a Super-C one day like this.

3 Likes

Wow, that thing is a beast! I’ll be looking forward to updates on that.

2 Likes

The raw anger felt

it’s the final countdown

1 Like

If it’s real, she’ll have respiratory problems for two weeks or so.

from experience…

just a reminder kids. enclosed spaces, propane and weed dont mix well

Smoke weed before and after :rofl:

Doesn’t anyone else enjoy these :joy:

I just love all the carnage and the amount of money I just see instantly rekt

3 Likes

That is one of the reasons i carry a plugging kit in the truck.
I coat the plug with rubber cement before inserting it.
That and a small 12 volt compressor.
The only time my tires see a garage is when im getting new ones.
Plugging kits are not expensive and darn cheap insurance to have onhand.

1 Like

Fog lights should be aimed no higher than your low beam lamps.

(I used to part time in a garage and they specialized in headlight adjustments)

Where people get the idea that they help the driver see better, Ill never know!

Two parts of a focused beam from a lamp are the Umbra or center beam and the Penumbra ( outer beam)

While the Penumbra is much dimmer it shows well in a fog to alert an oncoming driver without blinding them that you are there ( providing their driver education has taught them correctly) because it is spread out more.
The Umbra bolsters the low beam lamp by providing illumination from a slightly different angle.
Driving in a fog or heavy snow its difficult for people to remember to keep the headlights on low beam, otherwise they risk being glare blinded by their own headlights

Fog lights are better if they are a different color

Yellow is the best visible color in a fog.

While they look cool blue, green, red or purple do not show well in a fog and may be illegal in some states because of the distraction factors
Given the fact that people rarely obey and follow the speed limits, its a double whammy when distractions occur.

1 Like

Yeah you see a lot of that in police cases
But you see a lot in just plain driver stupidity and drug/ alcohol impairments
And on rare occasions medical emergencies ( stroke, heart attack, and diabetes/ low glucose.)

1 Like

Yup they are definitely solidly below my lows… confirmed the Calibration on a machine for sure.

Actually there is a good bit of color science behind this. The catch is you either need to be in the two wave lengths that are “scotopic” in human vision or you must strive to be as single wavelength as you can manage. The pure scotopic color is cyan at 507 nm however the scotopic plutopic peak crossover point is 565nm which is yellow. Thus yellow is an incredibly good choice especially since yellow alerts our brain better even at a lower perceived intensity.

The short of the science here is that a singular wavelength refracts and glares less which doubles as being beneficial to oncoming drivers not getting their retinas obliterated by the fogs. There’s a reason you (before LEDs) saw large snow plows have sodium lamps on them (low pressure not high pressure like old street lights that were pre LED).

Outside of that fogs aren’t supposed to massive increase your vision as much as provide a wide… low and (sometimes) focused spot beams that casts that singular wavelength out.

Human vision is funny like that. That said veering to far in headlight beam color outside 4300k to 5000k color wise is actually quite hard on the eyes so I totally agree pink blue and all that crazy stuff is just useless and I’ve never understood why people would purposefully hurt their vision

Yup spot on man. I wish more people understood this. This is why by law in a lot of states high beams disable the lows and fogs even though they are seperate LEDs. Yet so many people some how think high beams means further. No stop that its even worse for the incoming drivers

1 Like

It all comes down to education.
Often some teachers have a difference of opinion even to proven facts.
And sometimes even without realizing it, will neglect to teach it.
Or in some cases refuse to teach it.
Todays education tends to disparage the broad standardization and cater to regional, cultural, and political standards.
This may appeal to some of the students and local groups but does a severe disservice to the students in general.

Because if a student moves from one region to another unless its nearly identical, it can be a traumatic culture shock.
They are not prepared to deal with the changes.

1 Like

Yeah… drivers education seems to be getting worse and worse too. People are driving on the road like they are on drugs sometimes and it’s getting to the point where I really question should we have anti drug devices in cars. I’m still against this but see people only think alcohol is bad

There’s a ton of other legal prescription drugs that cause issues too. Especially with vision and alertness

With inclement weather its worse.
Just got back from a callout at 5:30 am for a 6 car pile up ( 3rd call already since 3 am)
Wearther reports issued warning 2 days ago of icy conditions.
Do you think anyone paid attention?
( obviously not)

We had numerous roads closed for 4 hours.

1 Like

They never do. Someone tail gated my ass half way to work this morning. I intentionally slowed down and they didn’t budge. What that told me is they wanted to go fast but not cross the snow ruts cuz no winter driving skills and I wasn’t having it so I really kept the steady slow pace and they got foaming out the mouth level pissed in their car :joy:. Probably made them late to work

1 Like

Here’s my crackhead math on switching to a tesla:

Anything I’m missing?

Turns out the fuckin feds think I’m rich so I don’t qualify for EV credits next year. :frowning: