L1's Garage

Not my color, but if you like it, go for it

I noticed something else…
This is the Mazda 2 standard internal panels:

I’m noticing on mass the cars have gutted panels and replaced parts like this:

Is there a reason for me to be worried about that? The car have built in aux and changer and a lot of extras, so the reason ain’t “I wanted a better audio system”…

The base model, if it’s anything like the Mazda6 I had, does not have an aux jack or bluetooth support.

If you want either of those, you need an aftermarket radio. You need a special interior panel to support installation of a radio.

It’s getting more and more difficult to find a phone with a headphone jack, so I think the bluetooth requirement is definitely understandable.

1 Like

For this exact model they use 1.3 and 1.5 mazda engines as far as i´m aware.
And they are reliable.
This generation of the Mazda 2 shares it’s platform and tech with the Ford Fiesta 2008 - 2012.

Probably some aftermarket dash panel to be able to fit an aftermarket headunit.
Because those standard build in radio´s are generally pretty limited.
It might actually be a ford part.
Generally not really much to worry about,
but you might loose some features like the steering wheel radio controls,
if the said aftermarket headunit isn’t compatible with that.
But that is only when the said car even has those features.

Only thing you need to be aware off with this generation of Mazda’s is rust pretty much.

1 Like

Got a P0305 code on my 1999 ES300. Hoping it’s a spark plug and not a wireharness issue. My brother needs it fixed by thursday, so I’m going to have him take it to the same mechanic who helped fix the wire harness

1 Like

So with news of the EPA and their attempted banning of mods, I think it’s time to break this bad boy out again.

6 Likes

You just gotta but it stock boosted then throw a bigger spinny boy on

1 Like

Honestly that’s the move anyways, stock boosted cars usually already have forged internals, or at the very least a lower compression ratio to better handle boost.

Although I don’t think the EPA is discriminating they just hate any sort of aftermarket turbos, injectors, ecus, and any sort of exhaust pipe

3 Likes

or just tune it.

Most factory turbos aren’t anywhere near their capacity.

3 Likes

Can confirm. My trucks tuner adds 128hp, and 345 ft pounds of torque.

3 Likes

I worked in a tuner shop for a few years there’s a lot you can do with fuel, air and turbo tuning and mapping.

1 Like

There’s a company that’s bringing super car rentals on track to Ohio in August… I’m trying to talk one of my friends into going

2 Likes

Just installed my AVS window rain guards :face_with_monocle::coffee:

They’re perfectly aligned and sealed, now to wait for the rain to see how they do! :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

@SgtAwesomesauce

1 Like

I forgot i had this steering wheel at home.
It was supposed to go on my truck but i never found a proper boss kit for it, the only one i have is for a Ford Landau.

1 Like

The key cylinder in my truck went kaput over the weekend. It would turn to “run” but would get jammed before getting to “start.”

I invited my mechanic buddy over to come fix it. My truck now starts, but the windshield wipers now wont turn off.

I swear, some vehicles test my nerves. If I weren’t a dirty poor I would just buy a newer vehicle.

Thought y’all would like this

5 Likes

I’m sick of these personal attacks.

I paid for the whole RPM range, I want to hear it.

4 Likes

Cabin dump mod?

2 Likes