L1's Garage

also exhaust because im a fucking man child and want to hear the roar and I want greta to fucking know I got a v8 all the way in europe

And steel bumper because if I hit another car or rather the more common if another car hits my rear. I want the little plastic thing shredded and me just have to work some scuffs out. I’ve considered a full coverage bullbar in the front though.

1 Like

The guy I have do it for me does it through a 55-gallon drum and an industrial sprayer, that is the way to do it for sure.

I like the aerosol for touch up stuff

1 Like

yeah having your own air gun and tank.

Something you can do on trucks and is drill a small hole in on the door sills…and have a 360 nozzle… and get the harder to spray areas uniformly… Theres places on the 1500 silverados and f150s and expeditions+suburbans

Anyways yeah the stuff is fucking great. I dont care too much if I get extra on… Just uhmm LOL I would uhmm keep it off exhaust parts … :wink: … unless you want to look like a 70s era mosquito repellent truck. (total accident on the exhaust part)

Another place id avoid are the boots and rubber parts. It absolutely will break those down and cause them to crack but otherwise its a great product

So in yalls opinion. Whats the least noticeable (or eye catching) color

Colors:
  • Matte Gray
  • Matte Desert Brown
  • Matte Green
  • Matte Blue
  • Satin Gray
  • Satin Desert Brown
  • Satin Green
  • Satin Blue

0 voters

Just in general. Ive done a lot of research seems gray is the least pulled over car color not sure why. But im curious to grab the forums perspective

Diff between matte and satin for those that dont know: Matte finishes are often more subtle and muted… A satin finish, on the other hand, delivers more shine than a matte , but it is still not high shine

Matte and Satin always catch the eye.

1 Like

Ehh matte I’ve not noticed on the road. Fucking satin that shit is so gorgeous its the weird sheen idk why but I’m drawn to it like a fly and a UV lamp

The only time I’ve ever taken a second look at a matte vehicle was some guy did some ugly as fuck old military paint job with spray paint

As it stands though I’ve found in my own research grey anything draws the least attention. Its also the least pulled over color on statistical average

Red though ohhh boy

One thing I’ll give Toyotas racing division is on their sahara desert color … That beautiful brown with black trim. Absolutely adore it both on tundras and tacomas. Its not overly flashy but its gorgeous and just looks right for something you’d take off the road

Edit: (here is the color)

In fact I like it on any truck

Just seems so befitting. Maybe its because Im out here where everything is brown except for spring and fall

Edit: Id never run 35s on snow. They are dumb as fuck for snow. 34x-10.5s are probably as big as id go

This has me intrigued.

Infinity mirror tail lights, going to have to do some research if its even legal in CA, but man this would look dope.

9 Likes

Dude. That’s perfect for the vette

2 Likes

@TeckMonster my next poor financial decision.

2 Likes

You’re not kidding. Lol

That is a really nice car though.

1 Like

You gotta be kidding me. Why would that be illegal? Those look dope

As far as I know every light on the car has to have a minimum amount of uniforminty and luminance to be legal.
So if, for example, the infinity mirror creates a lower luminance spot at the center that makes those tail lights illegal.
And they’d be illegal if they’re too bight at the edges due to the infinity mirror.

But they look amazing so let’s hope they’re not illegal.

1 Like

Because most of the metallic gray coloured cars are just econobox driven by the average human being that doesen’t drive like a jerk.
So I think it has more to do with the car and driver rather than the colour itself.

If you swapped an Altima/Maxima, a Corolla or any other generic looking sedan I’d say you won’t be pulled over as often as someone with the same drivetrain in a flashier “shell”.

1 Like

Guessing there isnt that many of that color out there in comparison to white/black/silver/red/blue.

IDK if i buy ticketed more, its more probably the type of people who drive cars that “stand out” in comparison to the majority.

Ahh and I suppose its more strictly enforced in Commie-fornia.

There are a ton of things that are illegal but I find out where I am at… its ridiculously rare to get pulled over for it. Particularly lights and tint…

Ehh? I see grey corvettes alot. I dont think theres a correlation here. Almost all makes and models of most vehicles have a grey paint job available and I count silver as grey (rather a shade of it)

Id be fine with a ton of tickets and high insurance if I didnt live in a strike system state.

All these rules. Everywhere you turn theres a new dumb rule. Particularly on window tints. Like excuse me… I dont really fucking care if the officer can see inside. Why does he need to. If he has a legitmate reasonable suspicion to search the vehicle. Stop the vehicle and open it up

no regs on widow coverings that arent tint XD image

2 Likes

what?

And in the EU. You have to go through check ups on your car every two years and they put “sensors” in front of the head and tail light too in order to check if they’re good or not. Once you’re done, who did the check up speaks directly to your insurance company and tattle on you (usually if there’s nothing major to fix you have to fix your car and try again).

That’s what I was thinking too. But for each silver/grey vette there are two trillions sedan. That’s also how the cannonball record has been set once or twice: silver sedan.
But I might be wrong too. I haven’t seen this trend happen where I live. I see all kind of vehicles being pulled over from 30 years old shitboxes that should not be legal to drive to the usual gigantic SUVs.

You have officially solidified me never… ever living in the EU

you speak like sedan and soccer moms dont speed LOL…

Why shouldnt they be legal to drive? Its not my responsibility to keep them safe :wink: