L1's Garage

Issue is for that price its a joke

For mid to low 30s sure

It’s a nostalgia thing.

They really needed a 450hp supra. Anything less is a joke.

Fucking 335 is a joke.

Eh the auto only was a joke

1 Like

Nah, it makes sense. That auto is objectively superior to manuals.

I’m starting to get sold on good autos, after driving an m5 with the smg.

When banging the gears, I was fearful the gearbox was gonna shatter, but damn, that thing slaps.

Nope, specs and performance yeah to not offer it at all stupid

They are fine for dailys I enjoy driving the car and not the computer. Its not to say i am not handicapping myself its more that I actually have to work more to drive well.

2 Likes

Xposting for giga

1 Like

So even the Volvo S60 is like 290 and only

like I said 42k for that is stupid

2 Likes

No BMW engine i believe. :slight_smile:

If you take the Hybrid T8 version of the S60 polstar,
then you have combined like 405HP. :slight_smile:

Probably over the 43k of the Supra

1 Like

Yeah probablly a bit more, depending on the country.
Still the S60 is of course a totally different car then a Supra.
But indeed its not really a great deal.

Toyota Supra is pretty much a BMW Z4
I think that there more cool and better roadsters.
Like the litte Renault Alpine A110 2017 edition.

Throw the engine from an M3 into the Supra and you’d have a rocketship.

2 Likes

Reeeee! It’s not about being better, it’s all about the experience. Which so happens to be what sports cars are about.
Sports car + no manual option = taboo

3 Likes

Oh god you guys don’t realize…the 4 cylinder Supra is meant to be a lower point of entry for those who want to swap a 2JZ into the new platform…

1 Like

The old model supra made something around 300hp at the most at top spec. And yet its coveted. Im not sure the power really matters (Or at least they thought). And considering the factory put so many options in to the body to add things like oil coolers, they were likely trying to build it in a way that led to modding like the old supras. There are already 1khp+ cars puttering around with that bmw engine. As Cybeast mentioned it’s probably more for the 2jz swappers.

I wouldn’t buy one, for that price I’d sooner find myself a used Lotus Elise with half the power and a manual. But I also just love lotus. Can even find an exige if you wait long enough in that price. That said, I did see one in person yesterday. It’s neat, though I can’t say it did anything for me.

@TeckMonster – Question for ya, thoughts on the manuals without sticks? What do they call them, E-gears? Automated manuals that don’t (I know some do) have an automatic mode. Still 3 pedals though.

1 Like

Are you referring to a sequential transmission? I’ve never heard of a manual that shift itself, but still has a clutch pedal. That would be interesting to see, but I’d still prefer a stick shifter. A sequential could be fun though (never tried one aside from bikes).

Nah, sequential are more like manuals. The cassettes in motorbikes are manual sequential in a way. Lot of those can use a I shift stick. Im thinking more like some of the Lamborghini’s and Ferrari’s. I think the Lexus LFA had one. They are manuals and if you give them a stick it’s like a regular manual H pattern, but otherwise it uses hydraulics to make it an “auto” lot of them wont shift themselves and still need input from a floppy panel on the column kinda like the air assisted sequentials. I think Egears typically have actual auto modes. But ones like the LFA don’t.

I know the lamborghini trans better so for reference – the manual and auto are the same trans. The manual just lacks all the hydraulic bits that surround the outside of it to shift it without a stick. But the full manual is H pattern. Im pretty sure the lambos will shift themselves, but some of ther ferraris that do the same thing do not. They don’t typically have a 3rd pedal. The Lexus on the other hand has a third pedal with no stick. As immediate examples I can give.

tbf I don’t know how i’d feel about them. Most of them have auto blippers so no rev matching would be odd. Though itd probably sound better then any rev matching I can do. lmao

So then BMW is responsible for the shit engines?

Dude, the LFA has no clutch pedal.

Automated “robotic” manuals do exist. Lambo, Aston Martin and even BMW used them for sure.

You’re right. I thought that single clutch LFA did. I must be confusing it with another. Either way, the trans I had in mind was along the lines of being an e-gear like like those you mentioned but also having an single auto clutch. Still need the pedal for take off and stops. I don’t remember what had it though. It’s common in motorbikes when they have auto clutches – Even some factory bikes are doing that. MV just released one.