L1's Garage

Yeah or there might be some kind of an old gentlemen´s agreement or something with the US.

Suuuuuurrrreeee…

There was never a gentlemens agreement in the states.

Unless it was an agreement to make the most ridiculous things possible.

Remember, in the 90s, we had the Viper.

3 Likes

In an effort to tame the total of my some thousand + dollars of desires for my bike i’ve resolved to check ebay and FB marketplace semi regularly and avoid buying anything cosmetic brand new for my bike until winter.

Also, anyone know the hookup for a dunlop discount? Tires are old they’re wearing way faster than they’re supposed to gotta get that resolved ASAP

Including paint? Lol

Plastic kit is gonna wait yeah. I’ve got this weird feeling i’m gonna down the bike I wanna wait a bit.

Not too worried about getting recognized by the popo?

nah I rode through Brecksville (the juristiction where shit went sideways) the other day passed several cops they paid no mind I’m pretty confident i’m all clear.

America: the land where they put wheels on pontoon boats.

You lucky man. Sounds like your having an absolute blast! I wish you safe riding out there.

if you just add more horsepower it doesn’t matter how big or heavy it is!

Fuck yeah! 'Merca!

1 Like

I’m falling more in love with the bike the more familiar I get. At first it felt a bit unwieldy I actually wondered if I jumped too far ahead and got too much bike as I really had to focus to make it behave, but after my 3rd time riding yesterday I finally got the hang of making it act how I want while being able to relax a bit more. It’s really a fantastic bike I can see why the 600rr is the crowd favorite for road-going super sports.

2 Likes

Just take it easy. I know that power is intoxicating.

1 Like

For sure.

Honestly it’s the same feeling as when I was 16 I got a Yamaha 350 banshee, (2 stroke 4 wheeler) it was bored over made something silly like 80hp. I feel like the bike is faster than I am if you know what I mean. It’s encouraging me to pace myself and feel out how I want to ride and not just beat the piss of out the bike for the sake of it.

Yeah idk, it’s a bit weird that certain EU cars,
got down spec’d for the US market.
BMW E36 M3 same story.
US version was also limited in HP in comparison the EU spec one.
I believe this counted for both the E36 Gen1 and Gen2 M3’s.

it most certainly is and theres nothing wrong with admitting that. hell my fz09 with its street suspension and short wheelbase is still absolutely faster than I am.

the short wheel base is the only thing I don’t like about naked, asthetically I think they’re pretty cool but they seem so unwieldy to accelerate with

its really a non issue for me

Motorbikes are pretty cool.
But my dad just doesn’t want me to get a motorbike license.
Which is kinda understandable.

My Mom yelled at me when I told her I got my temps and was buying a bike lol. My dad didn’t care at first until I told him I was upgrading from the 300 to a 600 then he started to sound a little like my mom.

He also just told me about some small time youtuber he just got done scraping off the road who crashed at 190 mph

1 Like

get one anyway. knowing the restrictions you guys have over there for bikes, you’ll be fine.