Just got off playing BF4 BETA and

wow that's crazy...next gen games are going to destroy our cpu's now =(.  i'm having a hard time running crossfire with my two 6950's...sometimes it loads and sometimes the game hangs on the loading screen and crashes.

Are you insinuating that an 8350 is more powerful than an i7?

I'm betting the i5 and 8350 will be around the same performance. Hell, the i5 might even be slightly more powerful when it comes to gaming in this situation.

Im glad someone finally agrees.

Also, Haven't seen you around recently.

I'm running an 8350 and a single Sapphire Radeon 7950. The BF4 beta hasn't been to demanding on my CPU or GPU running Ultra presets (55-ish FPS)... Yes, it has been running warm and taking up some memory but barely anything above BF3.

This leads me to believe something else was going on in OPs photo.

Update 4770k, EVGA GTX 780 Classified. 80 FPS 62% on the CPU and 57% on the GPU. So much more to give on my system.

I will post some fps on my 7850 when the 4th oct beta is avalable for me to download (its today but its not showing up yet in origin) hurry up ea i whant to play >_<

Doesn't ARMA have just as bad of Framerate drops? I saw a patch was downloaded today but I haven't been on to check if that what that was for.

Check out the benchmarks here

http://www.hardwarepal.com/battlefield-4-cpu-gpu-benchmarks/#_

Well those benchmarks just have me puzzled and bf4 useing 10gbs of system memory!! O_o thats some crazy shit right there.

It should be showing up anytime now.  I found this...

https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-4-beta-release-times

1am PDT...that means 4am for me! xD  Gonna go check now.

Maybe 5040x1050 does has it toll on the CPU? (I don't know) 

I believe i heard Dice say DirectX 11.1 had some 'cpu optimilisations'

The only thing I'm certain of is that I wasn't running anything else in the background. If you know me, I rather die than losing 2 fps because of background activity! :) (I'm a real paranoid in such things)

Edit: After thinking about it;  A single 7950 doesn't stress the CPU as much as 2 7970's. 2 7970's put the bottleneck back on the CPU, along with much more stress. (well almost at least. Im getting an average 95 and 99 % GPU usage)

Looks like i'll be playing this in ultra. Good shit. 

Hyperthreading is software voodoo that Intel uses, it isn't actually more than 4 cores. They split the processes between two fake virtual cores. You should understand what you are talking about before saying someone doesn't know what they are talking about.

No, hyperthreading is software voodoo, it's not actual cores. When you activate hyperthreading in BIOS, all it does is send a signal to the OS telling it that it has more cores. When in reality you have a single core doing calculations across two virtual cores.

It looks that, how higher the resolution and settings, the better AMD performs.

And vice versa, intel seems to rock the lower resolutions and settings.

Haha, I only have a 1080p display. Looks like Ill be rocking ultra regardless. 

Well i finaly got the beta and i dont know what all the big fuss is i set up the setings the same as i set bf3 and i get 40-50fps occasionally diping in to the 30's running a HD7850 @ 1ghz and a FX8320 @stock.

It runs very smooth for me (useing 13.10beta(2) driver.

MSI afterburner did not display for me in bf4 i had to use fraps i find that a little strange anyone else tryed msi afterburner osd in bf4 yet?

I set everything to ultra, maxxed out everything, ran at 1080p. 

Didnt get below 50FPS, even when walking through fire and whatnot. Didnt use anything near 100% CPU.