Just got off playing BF4 BETA and

http://gearnuke.com/battlefield-4-pc-beta-benchmarks-hint-at-brighter-prospects-amd-cpus-5682/

They've looked at the differences...

Not saying it plays better, but they definitely make note of the better core utilization, even without mantle. 

Well, DICE did announce at the GPU14 event they were giving 8 cores a special treatment (it was even literally on one of their slides!).  Dice is very AMD focused. This shouldn't come as a suprise...

Edit: the slide

Edit2: I realise now it was a mantle highlight, Sorry. Ill just leave this here ... ^^

We know that the game will run on 4 intel cores. The point is an AMD chip will use 2x the cores as the Intel 4 core parts. Now, we all now cores aren't directly proportionate (performance-wise) between architectures, but we do know that when all of AMD cores are used, it beats Intel (sometimes even their i7 parts. Given most the time not; they do cost half the cost).

Well, They only used one titan. As you can see a 8350 or any powerful intel is simply not put to the test with 1 titan.

You can compare it with my result: My 8350 is being stressed more with 2 7970's

I bet that 2 titans can make the intel's core utilisation look better...

3770k.

I don't think you guys realize my point. I'm not saying that it isn't going to do well on eight cores, or anything like that, I was replying to the people saying that it wasn't going to do well on a 4670k, or an i5 in general, as Cooperman suggested.

Doesn't matter to me when I'll be playing ARMA III.

Might also just be poor development.

Well, I'm curious about the benchmarks;

But yes, even IF the 4670k drops the ball on full utilisation, I do not think it will have a disastrous effect on performance.

It's still very rough in a few spots espically when you're high up and looking over and the screen turns a lighter shade before you look down.  But overall beautiful and I hope they can streamline this awesome engine.

I cant wait to test it out when the open beta starts on the 4th (I believe?)

I wont personally buy or play the game for gameplay. just to test performance.

err, I was playing 'open beta'. So ye, I guess its closed actually to pre orders & bf3 premium people :(

(thats how you remember its an EA game)

edit: NVM youre right. I actually had an 'open beta' in the left upper corner in my screen the whole time, which started my confusion...

umm... I never said it wouldn't perform well. you we STATING that it would perform better on the i5. that is simply nonsensical. the game WILL USE ALL THE CPU YOU THROW AT IT.

it's the same as saying that 8 people that pull 200lbs of forge in a tug of war, don't pull more than 4 people that pull 260lbs.

I didn't mention you.

Also, we wont see until benchmarks come out. More than one, at least. It could handle core optimization very differently.

Honestly, I've never had ANY game max out my CPU, 8 cores or not, so seeing this game MAX out an 8-core, means something is probably unoptimized, and needs to be worked on.

yeah, no denial here, I saw some glitches aswell. But considering its still beta Dice is off the hook for now :)

I was playing with my 4770k and GTX 560 (Before the 560 commited suicide) and CPU was at 46% usage average. I was running on High settings 30fps. The graphics are somewhat disapointing. I feel even on ultimate, It does not look that much better than BF3. Fire is definatly improved but every time I run past a fire, My FPS drops to about 15. Didnt get a chance to use the optimised Nvidia drivers before my GPU died.

Played this last night on my Asus G75VW, stock and pulled 39 - 42 fps on 1080p on Ultra.

That's a 2 year old laptop with a GTX 670M running i7 3610QM @ 2.3Ghz.

This game will work fine for a lot of people on Ultra/High settings.

Will post up CPU screens later

It's the same Beta, they're not going to change the name but for the next 2 days it's open to either Premium or people who had the *something* edition of BF3 or the *something* edition of MoH.

Phantom, you'll be on by Friday I believe.

Well i've been playing the beta. i'm running 2x 7870 xt's in CF and a FX-8350 on a 1440p display. Filters turned down and i'm getting a solid 60fps, it frame dips from time to time but overall this is looking great for just a beta.

Played about 2 hrs worth last night (will be on again tonight) and was getting avg of 80fps (Ultra Settings 4x filters, HBAO, 1080p). 8350 @ 4.7ghz with 7970's crossfire. 

Yeah I'm also getting a +-0.5 sec frame freeze sometimes. Think it needs a bit of optimizement, since that doesnt happen in other games.