Jonsplus i400

I am pretty excited about the purchase I just made. The Jonsplus I400 case - Jonsplus. The plan is to insert an e-atx motherboard in the case and have a complete custom water loop. Also, I had to order the black version of the case internationally. I could not find a US company with this case color - black.

If anyone else is using this case - let me know.

Thanks for sharing.

What makes it stand out/special in your opinion - other than the color black :slight_smile:

1 Like

Huh neat, looks exactly like they took the D40 + D50 series and made an even bigger version of it. And I just put a little development PC into the D40 which turned out to be pretty nice, only complaint was that I don’t like the aluminum rear panel but it looks like this one fixes that. I might buy one of these.

Can’t find a picture and so I’d be curious if it has all the mounting points for SSI-EEB… gonna have to do a refresh of this thread sometime and I’ll add it over there.

1 Like

To be honest. I love the look. Looks like a lot of the SFF-style of cases. Just in a taller version. I like the clean lines and the minimalist approach to the case. I considered selling off the Asus WRX Pro/Threadripper Pro to build an SFF system from scratch. But In doing so, I would end up giving up my processor power and stability and throwing the value of those items in the trash. In the PC world - What I buy today is old tomorrow. I wanted to really keep my motherboard/processor. The only thing I did not like was learning the hard way. I have an extremely large case. I plan to do some moving around in the future, and I want to keep my system power and function into a smaller case. That is the part that sucks about a lot of the industry. Most of the cases, you will run into, say - E-ATX with a max of 280mm. So in most cases. There is not any real room to place a motherboard like this. So I will get this customized to work.

Check out - https://www.jonsplus.com/Upfiles/down/JONSPLUS%20I%20400.pdf

As of right now, I will have a PC moding company do the installation. Technically I can do the work, but I do not have the time right now. Also, I want to get a couple of things taken care of professionally. Right now, the plan is to use a single 3/120 x 58mm rad or 3/140 x 58mm rad with fan support. Once I get the case, I will be able to tell just how space and internal accommodations. See the picture attached it will give you a feel for the direction I am going. I want the mod company to insert the motherboard with the proper mounting points and etc. I know the motherboard is going to get close to the PSU Shroud, but with the PSU right now, the cables can get ticket night and tight in there, and keep it close. I know the rad at the bottom will take up possible a single PCI slot, but we will see. If that is the case, I am ok with that for sure. I do not plan on using all seven slots. I plan on getting an additional GPU once the prices of them really sink, and I will call it a day on this PC. I considered the radiator at the top of the case, but I really believe that it is a big tank of warm water from all the heat rising. So I will take just exhaust straight out and keep it simple. You will see the PSU shroud is going to get cut to remove the external hard drive bay. This is the space for the dual pump and 120x120 reservoir. The only thing that needs to get figured out is how to fill up without drilling a hole in the front of the case. Not what I want. So I will just have to open up the door and refill as needed. Also, how can I insert an external plugs for future watercooling in and outs - just in case.

Please share your thoughts.

I am pretty excited about this build. The case showed up today - NICE!!! Extreamly nice!!! I do not believe the pictures does it any words.

As of right now, the motherboard will fit with no modifications.

As of right now, I will insert a 3/140 Fans w/ 420 x 58 Rad on the bottom, and I will insert a 2/140 Fans w/ 280 x 58 RAD in the top. I will have the top RAD installed, but not hooked up. I will leave it in place JUST in case I need to get some extra cooling due to additional GPU and etc. But right now the main RAD on the bottom will take the place and hold the system in place with no issues.

I need to testfit and find some more time. Just to confirm my equipment and get it ordered.

Excited!

This topic was automatically closed after 273 days. New replies are no longer allowed.