Is this a meme yet? Cyberpunk 2077 delayed yet again (21 days)

People actually take time off work to play video games?

1 Like

See also #5

My Preferred method is play games at work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

People too attached to brands and these companies know it.

Yeah thatā€™s what 2020 has reduced vacation to now

3 Likes

At least vr headsets arenā€™t backordered by 8+ weeks, so we can pretend to be in the maldives

True, they are just tied to your Facebook account, so to even qualify you need to be in good standing or they will brick it and if you ever delete your Facebook account you lose all purchases.

Who in their right mind would have bought an Oculus ever since Facebook bought them. It was crystal clear that this would happen at some point. I have absolutely no pity for people complaining about that now :joy:

4 Likes

Brilliant giff mon!

My tough on game getting delayed is, itā€™s ready when itā€™s ready.

2 Likes

Well. Thatā€™s it. Iā€™m done. Thatā€™s the last straw. No more. Iā€™m finished. Iā€™m so upset, angry, betrayed, depressed, let down, hurt, and sad. It all has come to this. All I can stay is, I think Iā€™m just going to

wait the extra 21 days for one of the most anticipated games of the last five years

this is why Iā€™m not getting excited about it.

I barely even know what the game is about.

All I know is itā€™s supposed to be beautiful.

Well the real release date IS in the name, how is anyone surprised?

3 Likes

Eh. Fallout 4 came out, everyone hated it, I didnā€™t.
Fallout 76 came out, everyone hated it, I didnā€™t.
Far Cry releases multiple games that are remarkably similar, I still blow 70 hours on them.

I donā€™t get excited about games, but I put my hand in the water anyway. It has to be pretty awful for me to complain.

1 Like

saaame

Yeah, I was even telling people the Mass Effect 3 ending ā€œwasnā€™t that badā€ for a while.

Then I sobered up.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a lot of hype, even more anti-hype. If you like the look of a video game, buy the video game. Or wait until itā€™s out, then look up reviews. Or donā€™t buy the video game at all. I know Iā€™ll play cp even if itā€™s watered down fallout, so I bought it two months ago.

I knew I was going to play Fallout 4, so I pre ordered it.

I didnā€™t know if I was going to like Fallout 76, so I waited several months, missed a lot of the major bugs and the patching, and what dā€™ya know, I enjoy it.

I knew I wouldnā€™t like Mass Effect Andromeda, so I didnā€™t buy that particular video game.

I just hit 34, I do not possess the energy to get mad at a 3 week delay.

lifeā€™s too short, my dudes.

1 Like

Something that I donā€™t see people mentioning is maybe they signed a no platform exclusivity clause. IE, you cannot favor PC, PS, or XBox over another platform on release scheule. Maybe that extended to the nex gen consoles too. Remember that they received the dev boxes late.

Another angle that may have affected release was since the game started out being a PC, PS4, X Box (what ever came after the 360) and then they finally got the Next Gen console dev boxes, Maybe they ran into issues with the new consoles and RDNA2. Or maybe Sonyā€™s backwards compatibility scheme forced them to rework some things so those that bought on PS4 can play on PS5 later when there is not a console shortage.

Either way, I find it hard to believe that there is a game issue more than a technical issue that would hamper release on all consoles and they are not allowed to say what that is (yet) nor can they ignore the issue and release on the platforms that passed gold.

I think Ask A Game Dev hit the nail on the head and something that they thought they could 0 day turned out to be a technical hurdle.

Either way, the outrage is dumb. Yes, CD Projeckt Red messed up by not sticking to their guns and saying it will release when ready. They may have been under the gun a la No Manā€™s Sky due to the next gen console not having any real launch title release worth the upgrade. Either way, think that such an ambitious project would be completed in a certain time frame without trade offs is silly and unrealistic.

I feel for the people that lost their vacation time and cannot change it. 2020 sucks, but that is no excuse to blame someone for the choice that you made. You donā€™t need to play it on day one. That is a want, not a need. Also within the last decode we have all come to the realization that ā€œYou Do Not Pre-order ANYTHING!ā€ Donā€™t pay the company to be their beta [sometimes Alpha] testers.]

I am excited for the game, but I did not pre-order it as I am waiting for peopleā€™s reviews to see if the game needs polish or not before I get it, probably next year anyway.

3 Likes

That is certainly true, but itā€™s not like people necessarily booked their vacation time the moment they announced the (new) release date. I know some people (as well as myself) that waited until a few weeks after the ā€œGold Masterā€ announcement because at that point you can sort of assume that the date is final.

Since they didnā€™t explain what ā€œGoldā€ actually means (and since itā€™s not commonly announced by studios thatā€™s understandable) most people assumed that it was indeed done and finished aside from the occasional bugfix for the day 1 patch. Noone assumed that release could still be held up by critical bugs that would get the certification pulled.

And even if they did, when the studio still confirms ā€œno delaysā€ just one day before the announcement something is seriously wrong in the company. I donā€™t blame the devs, they do what they can, but thatā€™s a management issue when devs donā€™t know whatā€™s going on.

If I understand 2020 correctly, we can riot and loot over this, yes?

Reeeeeeeee

2 Likes

letā€™s say this is probably whatā€™s going on:

most likely a missing " ; " on a couple lines and some null pointer exceptions

2 Likes