Is this a meme yet? Cyberpunk 2077 delayed yet again (21 days)

Of course there is no reason to light the torch. :slight_smile: But at the same time you can express probably dissatisfaction and views. I have not planned and do not plan to play CP anyway, but that does not mean that I cannot express my bs opinion. :slight_smile:

Yeah, fair pointā€¦

Not saying you canā€™t, just find the consumer outrage silly.

1 Like

Purely technically, Iā€™m not even a consumer here. :slight_smile:
There is simply too much BS in the gaming industry and fans forgive a little too much for companies that do almost whatever they want.

A decent comment, fairly balanced.

Thatā€™s it, I canā€™t follow this game anymore. Every single time this gameā€™s gotten close to release, itā€™s been delayed. And itā€™s not even for a good reason this time! At least with the previous delays, I went ā€œoh, yeah, that sucks, but I understand,ā€ but no. If shipping the game on 9 different platforms at the same time is such a challenge that you need to delay the game again, then maybe you shouldā€¦ oh, I donā€™t knowā€¦ not ship on 9 different platforms at the same time? Seriously, does anyone else think that they should just focus on releasing the game when they promised they would and get the ports going after the fact?

But nothing I say here will likely change this. I can complain and rant until Iā€™m blue in the face, but CDPR made their decision. At the end of the day, they have the right to. But I still have the right to be upset over it. Because, before someone comes out and calls me entitled, let me remind you once again that CDPR repeatedly promised this would not happen. They specifically said, time and time again, that there would be no more delays. They put up ads all over the place saying NOV 19. And then they turn around and do this.

Iā€™m angry. Iā€™m disappointed. I feel somewhat betrayed. But more than anything else, Iā€™m exhausted. Iā€™m sick and tired of getting my hopes up. My respect for CDPR has dropped considerably and from this point on, Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m just going to try to stop thinking about 2077. I wonā€™t visit this subreddit, I wonā€™t watch any more Night City Wire episodes that may come out, I wonā€™t bring the game up to anyone or participate in conversations about it. As far as Iā€™m concerned, 2077 will cease to be relevant until itā€™s DONE and released and I can actually play it.

In short: I do not accept your humble apologies for breaking your promise for what I think is a stupid reason.

You know what else is bullshit? Putting on a fake smile and telling millions of people that itā€™s totally ready for launch and itā€™s going to be great, then releasing a buggy catastrophe because you didnā€™t want to risk losing the hype or your reputation with another delay.

Game developers are in a unique situation where they are expected to announce release dates for software to the consumers. Very few companies outright announce their releases to the public because software development is extremely volatile and your entire launch can be suspended because of one bug in one scenario that has to be backtraced, debugged and reworked.

3 Likes

That is certainly true, and part of the reason Iā€™m not mad about the delay itself.

They can delay all they want for what I care, I want a finished game just as anyone else does. But if youā€™re shipping on 9 platforms (also why 9? PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, PC, Switch, Stadia (LOL), andā€¦ what else?) then you know the complexity beforehand. And Iā€™m fairly sure they didnā€™t realise over night that ā€œoh shit we canā€™t keep the dateā€. No. This must have been talked about for weeks if not months internally.

But instead of giving people a reasonable timeframe to adjust or, wellā€¦ IDK not take vacation days for an extremely anticipated game like this, they release a statement 3 weeks before launch where thereā€™s no time to adjust anymore.

That is what Iā€™m mad about: How it was done, not that it was done.

And if anyoneā€™s wanting to chime in with herptiderp donā€™t take time off for a game I say this: a) mind your own business and b) with a hype built around this game specifically there will be a significant number of people that do, no matter what you think.

You sound like you want to protect the corporation. :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, I will not agree that poor cdpr is shifting the dates because he has to release the game without errors otherwise it will be hate.
They originally announced the game for 2019 and started changing the dates themselves. Whose fault is it? The players or the CDPR itself. W3 also moved there was a lot of bugs in the first days of playing.
They set the dates themselves and then they break them. Do you think they are smiling and giving the wrong dates to keep players happy while knowing that they wonā€™t be able to do it or it will be a challenge?
BS

They saw what they were doing, they themselves started the final PR phase with the date 19, no one forced them, they could give on 10/12/2020.
In addition, the reason for postponing the game is not some bugs but sweating over 9 platforms. I mean, what did they suddenly wake up and have a revelation that they are in a deep hole? Either someone is making fun of the players there, or someone in a high position is not able to do their job properly and cause delays.
There have been rumors last time about how bad some dev teams are managed at cdpr, hence the bottleneck.

PS
their famous saying that it would be ready when it was ready ā€¦ they could stick to it and not change the date every now and then.

The melodrama is amazing. And lets be real here, both the consumer and CDPR looks silly right now. CDPR is responsible for flopping on the release dates, and the consumer needs to learn how to not hold companies to some insane level. Both are at fault, end of story.

edit: hate how the quote makes it look like you said that.

2 Likes

Is it really an insane level to rely on a release date that is even on public ad campaigns though? Itā€™s not like this was some rumoured ā€œwe might release thenā€ date.

No its not, itā€™s just that people almost glorify these companies and as soon as they trip up the pitchforks come out.

1 Like

It looks very bad. :slight_smile:

Yeah Iā€™m totally protecting them. :facepalm:

Thatā€™s a cool crystal ball youā€™ve got there to know itā€™s not bugs. Perhaps consider that supporting multiple platforms introduces more points for failure on the software side during QC.

By delaying the game theyā€™re sticking to that word. Itā€™ll be ready when itā€™s ready means dates will change.

1 Like

You can add another > inside the quote :wink:

I feel like a lot of it is not really because they were glorifying them, itā€™s just the short time frame. Well for me at least, and also a lot of people I spoke to.

The short time frame being them saying yes its coming out in November and then switching to December?

If so its understandable to be annoyed and the fault does end up on CDPRā€™s lap as Iā€™ve said.

I just loathe people who want to soapbox about how devastated they are over a game.

Yea basically that. Especially for the people that did take time off for the release (judge them all you like, I donā€™t care), those days are probably completely wasted. Not every company will let you move vacation willy nilly, especially on such short notice.

And yeah as you say, the drama of some people is a bit much, but for myself Iā€™m still disappointed because I was really looking forward to it after they had the whole Gold thing and ā€œNo more delaysā€. Before that I was still in the mind set it could still delay at any time, but after they announced the Gold I was expecting it to be final, and so did probably a lot more people.

And this also discredits them in some ways. Whatever game they will release next there will be the memes about it being moved 10 times and delayed after the Gold Master, guaranteed.

1 Like

Broā€¦ Sarcasm, even a ā€œsmileyā€ at the end.

Iā€™m talking about critical bugs that are usually fixed before the game is gold. The fixes are still made for the 0day patch. I referred to ā€œ9 versionsā€ and not to ā€œbugsā€ not because I have a crystal ball, but what cdpr wrote as the main reason. We can, of course, play with the semantics of the words ā€œbugsā€ ā€¦ itā€™s normal that they still correct something in relation to the 9 platforms, no matter what language we use to describe the situation.

Well, not really. Theirs was that they did not give the date, as a result there was no situation that they moved something. However, the current situation is different in this respect.

I treat this like dinner: I donā€™t get excited until it is served.

Also: No social media, no drama. Blissful ignorance on my part, maybe?

4 Likes

Ignorance-Is-Bliss-The-Matrix