Is there a KVM that will work with the Odyssey G9?

Sent here by the folks at r/ultrawidemasterrace. I currently have an Odyssey G9 that I’m having no luck finding the proper KVM. I have one monitor and two computers. My issues are that I keep getting flickering or I don’t get the refresh rate I’m looking for. I run DP for my connections and would like to continue. I’m okay with 120hz, but not 60hz. Will the lvl1 2 computer, 1monitor kvm work for this? Anyone with an Odyssey have one? I was told @wendell is the man and could point me in the right direction. Thanks for the help.

*Edit: forgot to mention that I have a razer black widow keyboard and razer death adder mouse.

LITERALLY in the kvm faq

tldr monitor firmware buggy af, don’t be surprised if you need fiber optic cables, otherwise mine has worked “fine” since firmware 1008 assuming you disable the deep sleep OSD option (I think they took that out of fw 1011, and now you literally don’t have the deep sleep option because bugs or maybe thats the neo but not the og, I forget)

*Edit: forgot to mention that I have a razer black widow keyboard and razer death adder mouse.

those aren’t remotely hid compliant but should function via the usb3 ports instead

I just upgraded to the latest firmware because of the deep sleep bug. I went from 1004 to 1019. Didn’t see the option to turn it off in 1004 and don’t see it in 1019. I still have the issue however, which is a bummer for such a nice monitor. I will dig through the FAQ. Thanks for pointing that out.

You should be fine with this KVM as long as you have nice cables :slight_smile: I’m not sure about the deep sleep bug, though.

This one runs max 3840x2160@120hz? I currently run 5120 x 1440 @120hz. Would this bring my resolution down? Also, would I need fiber cables for this?

Yes 5120x1440@120hz is less total pixels than 4k/120 but it’s still very near the absolute limit before you get into dsc, so pay attention to the cabling and it should be fine. We also have video of this monitor working fine in the kvm faq. Make sure the firmwares up to date.ypu might not need fiber cables. But then again you might. Depends on your particular monitor and situation.

Editited

@wendell, thank you for working with me through this process. I received my KVM and hooked everything up PROPERLY (finally) and it’s all working. Thank you for the hard work you and your team do.

2 Likes