Is Logan's occasional hate speech intentional?

never. I cant stand people who love to stir up drama over bullshit.

he cries himself to sleep almost every night. dies a little on the inside every time hes called that.

"I'm just not happy, I'm just not happy. I'm just not happy because my life didn't turn out the way I thought it would." Hey, join the fucking club! I thought I was going to be the starting center fielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a fucking helmet! Alright?

- Denis Leary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCnPlHfuneU

Was about to point you to the same George Carlin video found below, but someone already beat me to the punch. 

Yes, i understand. feelings. There are plenty of words I'd like to not be said anymore, but then I remember that my vocabulary probably consists of one word to many that would offend someone, somewhere.

by calling attention to it you give it powers and meaning that it never had in its original context. 

Dennis Leary was really great when his name was Bill Hicks.

yeah I know and I agree. and I agree with George-y as well,.

OP while writing.

Look around you , just forget the assholes who cares about them , just live , bias and ignorant people have always existed and will always exist ,you have to learn how to deal with that ,it is unfortunate but a reality,even your father is not to blame in my opinion is a cultural and religious thing , remember this comes from a book where eating shrimp is a sin about 7 times ,and homosexuality about 2 times in there so rationality is not their best attribute .

"Being called crazy by those who are still victims of psychopathic cultural conditioning is a compliment."

Context is everything.

It's obvious Logan isn't someone who actually views homosexuality or trans-gender as something negative, and as many others in this thread have stated, "gay" has just evolved to express misfortune and annoyance at something that isn't acting as you want/expected it to. 

I agree with Anarekist when he said that by bringing this whole thing up you are making mountains out of molehills and force feeding a nonexistent context into the whole situation.

Nothing means anything without context. 

Can we not go around drowning the world in political correctness until satellite images of earth show nothing but a big padded room? 

+1

As someone that has traveled the world a bit. Been to places where people cant have good drinking water so forth. I am going to chalk this up to first world problems. I get why your over sensitive to words like that. My advice would be judge people on there actions more than there words. And I would say maybe you have a little too much of a fixation on these words and should just let go of that. 

I am sure I say words like that from time to time. I know I use stupid once to describe a bad situation and some one got offended by that. To be honest to get offended over words kind of pisses me off a bit. But just because I am the type of person at this point in my life that does not get hung up on that. 

We all have are little quarks and personality traits that we bring to the table to when we interact with others. Its just the way it is.

lol he was quoting Hitchens. but yeah I agree..

Edit: or maybe Hitchens was quoting him, never the less I agree

Time to get of the fence because it is starting to chafe.

Logan is not a Bigot, he wouldn't have started a Tek-community if that was the case.

I stand by what I said earlier that if people say bad stuff is gay that is fucked up.

I haven't heard Logan say any of this in the almost a year I have watched The Tek, bringing old stuff up(that isn't relative) now seems pointless and destructive , what's the point? I would have been one of the first to white knight any gay person/people because they get enough shit, so I have said where I stand on this now.

It is an expression that was born from homophobia. It is still said by millions out of homophobic motivations. It contributes to a cultural attitude that harms homosexual individuals especially in said persons younger formative years.

No amount of situational context or individual intent will fully nullify the cultural context and effects of such an expression. Keep saying it or don't as there is truth in the statement that many people are too sensitive these days but the attitude that it is completely benign boarders on being delusional.

Steven Fry is all over the place at the moment, in the news for this that and the other.

Yeah, I personally don't give one half of two fucks about him. I just found the quote to be relevant.

People need to be quit being SJW's and stop having their precious feelings hurt.  Yeah he said gay, so fucking what?  When shit is gay, it's fuckin gay, and not in a dick sucking way, it means, gay=stupid.  Can't handle it? Gtfo.  People should be thrilled gay is a term for "stupid" now instead of being used to offend or marginalize a group of people, based on their sexual preferences.  

"Oh my god" is at least as derogatory. If you're too entitled to empathize, that's your problem.

"Homophobic" is a term that's usually used to describe people whose religion or personal opinion label gays in some sort of exclusionary sense. It is an incredibly presumptuous term that claims that such people "fear" or hate gays, and I want to belay that. While I am "homophobic," as you would say, I do not hate gays in general; rather, I think they are normal people, just like anyone else. I have held wonderful conversations with such people in the past. I tolerate them just as I tolerate society in general. Consider my religion as an act of diversity, if it means anything to you.

I want to say that "that's racist" is also derogatory, because it belittles the diversity of our global culture.

Saying "we are the 99%" excludes 73,000,000 people, who all have their own problems to deal with.

"That's lame..." Obvious.

"You're too stupid." Shall I continue?

OP you wan't hate speech I'll give it to yah.  Go suck a corn dick you cocking tan/black/blue/purple person, and then proceed to go die on the sun with fish between your toes.  That there is hate speech.  10/10 would say again.