Intel throwing shit at AMD claim they are reusing desktop cpu's for server

Intel has really gone cringy with what they are saying and showing

https://www.computerbase.de/bildstrecke/78687/

9 Likes

... when it is exactly the other way around -- desktop CPUs are basically de-glued server dies. But let's not nit-pick, the defensiveness (and uninformative comparisons) are strong in Intel's slide show.

6 Likes

I mean there is some truth to the claim bit it's the same truth that half the xeon line also has to deal with.

1 Like

well they are just claiming AMD zen is glued together and is a desktop part being put on servers and i swear intel did something similar with workstation where they put a I5 and I7 on X299

5 Likes

Lolololol

You can smell the fear over the internet.

Edit: This one also makes me laugh.

I hope they remember this is year to come when single chunks of silicon are not viable any more due to failure rates in the wafer and Intel start stitching them together too, this is just the future as clich as that sounds.

20 Likes

Intel has been giving us sandy bridge 4core for how long now?

12 Likes

This is so childish I almost can't believe it.

12 Likes

You need to check the rest of itnout too, it is so stupid it is hilarious. I am also pretty sure their VM "facts" are wrong too, like false advertising wrong on what they say AMD can't do. But I will leave that up to more informed people.

Also this needs an @wendell and @ryan for next weeks news and some analysis to confirm or deny certain things.

6 Likes

Oh I'm reading through it and it just keeps betting better. I love that VM slide where it's like "Intel only works with Intel that makes it better!" the cringe is real.

7 Likes

WTF? Are they so desperate that end up with this bullcrap. They actually call it ¨Glued¨.

This is so stupid i have trouble deciding at which part to laugh at.

Which BTW you are right: They only way to keep prices at a reasonable level is to ¨glue¨ smaller pieces together. Otherwise the wafer yield is so low that you end up with insanely priced chips. Intel will be doing the same thing in a couple of years.

5 Likes

Full Slide Deck

https://www.computerbase.de/bildstrecke/78687/

It's good that AMD is making it back into Intel's Slide decks. :smiley:

All intel had to do, was stay calm and not make up nonsense like this.
AMD isn't a real imminent threat to their business, but they are a respectable competitor.

All this is doing for those in the know is worsening the image of intel, giving me the idea that there really is a hateful notion/opinion of, or animosity held held towards AMD their sole competitor.
I'd at least want Intel to remain respectful towards AMD as a business and approach this in a professional manner.
Not this slideshow FUD to influence management types. (Sorry to all the knowledgeable managers)

Here's Intel referencing a WccfTech article.

Being Intel I expect a better source than that.

Now If I remember, the Core 2 Quads were also 'glued together' dual cores.
As an article from 2006 says rather elegantly:
https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Processors/Intel-Core-2-Extreme-QX6700-Processor-Brings-Quad-Core-Computing

So, as many have said, including AMD, Intel's Kentsfield processor is two dual core processors "glued together" and seems somewhat un-elegent. My argument: so what? Is the performance there? If so, does it matter what organization the transistors are in underneath the hood? You can be the judge at the end of this review.

And last but not least, the Irony when much of the X299 CPU's are Kabylake CPU's with changed cache glued to a 1151-to-2066 pin 'adapter'.

10 Likes

Now that i remember. Didn´t Intel did the same thing in the Core2 days to keep cost low back in the day when they had competitors?

2 Likes

yeah and if you scroll up you will see someone posted it :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah i think we synqed with the posts...

1 Like

I can't wrap my head around the fact that Intel actually pulled that, "Glued"

Ha, hilarious.

2 Likes

Intel: Look at AMD they just glue their shitty dies together!

also Intel: Fucks up own i9 Chips to near unusability.

6 Likes

Meanwhile, let me delid my 7900X to be able to overclock it without being thermally comparable to a 13B rotary in a stock RX7...

FFS.... and this is their enterprise team putting this out.

5 Likes

"Implementation Matters" -- a fantastic instance of a (rather uncouth) lady protesting a little too much.

2 Likes

>glued together

>glue
Still better than Intel's thermal interface material.

21 Likes

Im pretty sure even pure beach sand would be better than the shit on my 7900X lol