Intel throwing shit at AMD claim they are reusing desktop cpu's for server

Well, they'd be the ones to know lol.

Oh wow intel, so what the fuck are the i9's? At that, some of your i7's in the last few years? One better, what the fuck is the Xeon 1225V3?

Its a 4c4t i3 with some extra instructions "glued on".

Shut up intel.

5 Likes

nice recall on that xD. I wish Intel could've been shown that just as they released this nonsense.

1 Like

That Intel response makes me want to upgrade Ryzen 1700 to ThreadRipper, just to see more

3 Likes

This confirms my judgement to purchase a AMD system over an Intel system.

5 Likes

With multiple patterning "glueing" dies is probably more cost effective, but with euv litho around the corner multiple pattering won't be a thing anymore for a long time.
Most foundries expect to start volume manufactering with euv in 2018/2019.
Good times are coming!

Intel: (slide 3) "Elite IO" (a creative-writing way of saying 'less IO than Competitor's HEDT platform').

1 Like

This doesn't sound good. I would have thought that Intel would be above taking pot-shots at AMD like this.

I'm estimating this could go either way. People will either believe it or not. One of their stocks will likely take a hit, however small, for this.

For those who are interested, this anandtech article has done an excellent job on an in-depth comparison of the two architectures.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11544/intel-skylake-ep-vs-amd-epyc-7000-cpu-battle-of-the-decade

Ah desperation

This reminds me of all the marketing ads MS paid for that mocked google docs

Didn't work then for MS, hopefully this won't work now for Intel

I don't remember these. Linkitylinklink?

currently on the train, will hunt for some when i get home

1 Like

don't get scroogled

shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~shill~
6 Likes

That one is newer, a response to chrome os

there was ones prior to that which just targetted google docs

Some one keeps jostling me on the train, damn this is annoying

...and damn its hot on this train

only bringing these up as the parallels are there to be seen, a company responding from fear by trying to create FUD (fear / unknown / doubt)

So much facepalm in this intel marketing round

Shit, that's good.

I mean, I have some of the same arguments against them, but I'd rather have an xps 13 running Linux.

Yep, for once AMD is winning the marketing, even with a name as self-congratulating as "EPYC"

What's more, With Intel's "Bronze" "Silver" etc... program, it will give managers pause before buying a server with a "bronze" CPU. I don't like it. E3, E5 and E7 were much better. My boss doesn't fall for that shit, but I can totally see a CTO saying "Why'd you go for a bronze CPU on the monitoring server? That means it's shit"

"Glued-together"

So... malice or stupidity? What feckless individual put this together? This reads like something put together by a salesperson with too much hot air up their backside. You know, the sort of person who calls up IT for technical support every time they want to do something complicated like "plug in a monitor".

I don't give a damn if it's held together with hair wax, if it works it works. The sad thing is that there will be people who fall for this garbage - in my experience "technically challenged" people often seem to have some kind of say in IT purchasing decisions.

2 Likes

Because Intel has not glued CPU'S together before.

Core 2 Quad

Pentium D

Stop being a baby intel and compete like you did before.

12 Likes

That's the type of shit I would say when someone is more interested in another vehicle when I have no chance of convincing them to take my car for whatever reason lol! It's not just car salesmen that spin the cheese.

1 Like

Waiting for one of the bigger youtubers to make a Skylake-SP vs EPYC gaming review, just for fun and to dig at this slide.

1 Like

It makes me chuckle when software is "not optimized for RYZEN/ZEN" and AMD still performs more smoothly than intel.

4 Likes