Intel throwing people under the bus because of Ryzen?

A lot of performance increases are coming from increases in peripheral connection speeds. This is causing motherboards to become outdated a lot faster than CPUs, so yes, I agree.

1 Like

My point was, that complaining about it does nothing. Stop giving them money. Then they will start listening to what people are saying.

2 Likes

Sadly Bulldozer did it no justice, but even then at least they freaking tried.

I sometimes mock AMD for being incompetent but Intel is just shameless altogether.

I nose dove for that laptop too but it was also because it looks like a Surface Pro replacement.

Looks like I will be sticking with Intel i7 5820K on my main desktop, my secondary desktop has an A10 7860K that started out as an A4 5300B.

Boycotting is a possibilty. In fact, I will buy into Thread Ripper for encoding.

2 Likes

I’m actually tempted to try to organize a boycott of Intel when Zen+ comes out. They should be able to hit 4.4-4.5GHz (at least on the 4-6 core parts) and that will allow even the sweatyboy 144hz CS:gokillyourself and moba players to get behind AMD.

2 Likes

Somehow Intel must have had a hand in the Ryzen launch. I don’t and will never believe it cause whatever reason. Intel has done WAY shadier stuff than a potential Ryzen launch sabotage.

Rma’ed my cpu and waiting for a fully working one or a refund, so i can purchase it fault-free elsewhere.

1 Like

It’s not about boycotting… With all things considered, if I have a choice I would buy AMD instead of Intel. I got 760K, because I wanted 4 cores and Intel had only dual core pentiums. I will get Ryzen 1600, because Intel don’t have alternative system for similar price - mobo, cpu and everything. I got R9 270X, because Nvidia had similarly priced 750Ti, that is billion times slower.
All things considered, I buy AMD not to boycott Intel and Nvidia, but because that’s the best for the price… Price to performance is most important to me.

3 Likes

I may switch back to intel after the market is more 50/50 (like that will ever happen :smiley:)

Let me be clear, I am not a rabid intel hater.

There are plenty of morons either side that think that the other side dying / disappearing is them somehow personally ‘winning’.

No matter which company ‘wins’ we lose.

I admire amd but I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them if they ever got on top, left unchecked they would just turn into intel (here comes the new boss same as the old boss).

Yep. That said, I’d argue that Intel is nearly at “too big to fail” status.

1 Like

Kinda like McDonalds? Everyone knows they sell crap (except the fries and apple pies LOL) but we still mass buy it because its so easily available.

Those fries are terrible. They don’t grow mold 2 months after they’ve been cooked. (not sure I should even call it cooked)

1 Like

Probably from all the silicone oil they to reduce foaming.

Mmmmmmmhhhhhhh, yummy

1 Like

oh god, I’m done. Never eating fries again.

Thanks!

1 Like

do you know those bags of pre shredded cheese they have in the grocery stores? Want to guess what keeps it from clumping? Sawdust…

Stop it!

I’m sitting here, trying to eat lunch and all you bastards do is make me feel sick!

1 Like
1 Like

thread_derailed

3 Likes

Saw dust is probably better than some things. To be honest I use that shredded cheese for nachos. Sure I am putting bad stuff in my body, but it tastes good. And actual cheese is so expensive.

Intel cpu’s are like iPhones imo. They just keep crapping them out every year. My 4770k Is still going strong at 4.3ghz and now they’ve got what 8700k out now? Like there’s just no need for all that. Unless I can get a 20% IPC jump I don’t see any reason in blowing onother 400+ dollars on another chip. Not to mention the 200 for a decent motherboard.

2 Likes