Intel Pentium G3258 vs. AMD Fx 6300

Which do you own the Pentium or the FX ? Or both ?

FX6300 IS NOT a 6 core!! Everyone needs to get this straight. FX 4xxx (2 module 4 thread), FX 6xxx (3 module 6 thread) FX 8xxx (4 module 8 thread). The FX6300 is the better option in the now. If you plan on upgrading parts through the years, go intel as the AMD FX line and mobos are becoming outdated and leave no options for upgrading.

long story short, for gaming the FX6300 is better. especialy if you like to play multiplayer, or games like watchdogs, BF4, Crysis3, Metro last light, etc etc.

Nothing to argue about.

the amd fx 6300 win.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/699?vs=1265 

Old topic? Ya, the g3258 makes for a fun htpc. :) I wouldnt use it for gaming unless it old games only.

This topic is allready 7 Months old or so.

please dont bump up old threads all the time.

Lock ☺

1 Like

Update. Stay away from the Intel G3258. Even though it is pretty much the fastest dual core ever it really is a great cpu. BUT some new game ie Farcry 4 will not run on anything less than a quad core and willing to bet more games will start to go this direction. Even if they dont go full quad core lots of other games are starting to optimise for quad core or higher and the dual core CPUs will be struggling. My cousins G3258 @ 4.2ghz is hitting 100% load on Warframe ever since the last major update. He runs it at 1280x1024 with GTX460 FTW max settings. Now hes thinking of switching to the AMD 860k quad core and a fm2+ a88x mobo just cause he can get both for much less than a i5 4690k. Intel needs to release a budget overclockable i5 or cheap overclockable quad core i3.