Intel CEO Brian Krzanich Resigns

Sarcasm detected?
But anyway ,let state that more universally as I see it :slight_smile:

Because people should never abuse other people in the work place, irrespective of which gender is the perpetrator or the victim.

Lmfao holy cringe, Batman!

So you think it’s okay to just invade peoples lives?!

See how that works?

I’ve said several times, I know. I don’t agree with it. I think “historically” a lot of crazy things have happened, yet it’s still none of their business.

@RevampedTech & @anon79053375
Keep it on topic please though. I can sense the signs of derailment :joy_cat:
I don’t want to have to pull my leader card. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So bossman bangs co-worker, recommends co-worker for promotion whether she deserves it or not. Better choice woman doesn’t get the promotion. That’s the companies business. Sexual harassment in the workplace is very real, whether you like it or not.

Which isn’t at all what the OP is about. So move the fuck along and quit crying about shit that hasn’t happened.

Using vulgarity and extreme fringe cases doesn’t prove a point. It makes you look foolish and desperate.

Seems legit.

1 Like

Alright folks. That’s enough.

@anon79053375 I understand where you’re coming from, but you’re getting really passionate about something that doesn’t affect you and you have no power to change. We’ve all been there. I recommend taking a minute to chill.

@RevampedTech I think at this point, we’ve really fleshed out this discussion and we’re ready to stop?

@ThatBootsGuy not helping.

Can we all try to get along? I really don’t want to lock this thread, but by the power entrusted to me by His Honor, Lord @Eden, I will.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I’m done.

I’m cool, I don’t respond well to community members treating me like dog crap :man_shrugging:

I appreciate it.

I think you’re taking things too personally. I didn’t see anything that could be taken that way, but if you’d like to discuss it with me, feel free to PM.

Honestly? That merger would never be allowed. They would have as far as I am aware 100% of x86 processors. Or if not 100%, then 99%

1 Like

There is VIA, but they really can’t compete. I’m fairly certain they’re still on 40nm.

VIA still does x86? I know there were doing controller and management chips, but x86?

but arm is the future n stuff /s

I’m really not sure how much they’re still doing. I just saw it on their website:

https://www.viatech.com/en/silicon/processors/

2 Likes

I swear they said they’d be at Zen (not Zen+) levels by what… 2020? Ambitious I guess…

Edit: only source I could find quickly: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/via-to-return-to-cpu-market-with-zhaoxin-processors.html

3 Likes

Good way for intel to save a bunch of money and act like its profits

ARM is pretty cool, and I think it could take over one day

This isn’t an unreasonable or uncommon policy.

When you’re CEO of a multi billion dollar publicly traded company, relationships with staff are heavily discouraged as they can blur lines of command, leak information, influence decision making, etc. Share holders do not want the future of their company potentially influenced from within by the CEO getting his dick wet.

He should have known better. If things started happening, either she should have resigned, he should have let her go / arranged alternative employment, or whatever. Or he should have resigned or broke it off, but realistically if they were to continue the relationship surely him keeping his CEO of intel job would be more beneficial to them than her keeping her more low level position.

Whether it was consensual or not is besides the point. That’s not what this is about. It’s not a harassment issue, it’s a chain of command thing.

There is the potential for conflict of interest there, its as simple as that.

edit:
and thats even without the lawsuit shield reason (which is also 100% legitimate) above.

Workplace relationships are bad. Avoid them, and if you feel you must engage in them, be prepared to leave your employer. Especially when you’re high level management in a public company.

Husband and wife partnership from company inception is one thing. CEO sleeping with a lower level employee is another…

2 Likes