Intel CEO Brian Krzanich Resigns

That’s a bit vulgar…

I get what you mean though. They’re definitely having a hard time competing. Not sure what they can do about it though. AMD spent 5 years building this new architecture. Intel probably needs the same amount of time.

Well we are talking about sex so I figured I would keep with the theme.

I think the fact they are epycly (get it, epycly) failing 10nm has really put them on their heels and allowed AMD to plow on through. Now they are stuck with smokescreens, mirrors and 5 to 7 percent increase on 14NM++++++++++ which hurts on desktop and really hurts in the data center. Also this might prove to be the worst possible time to venture into the GPU realm. They are taking resources away from either making 10NM work or giving a more substantial increase in performance on 14. If Intel’s GPU foray turns out to be meh much like AMD’s Vega they are in a world of hurt. At this point I think the GPU effort has to be a home run.

Yeah, I’m not sure what’s going on with their 10nm stuff, but it seems like AMD might be able to deliver 7nm on mainstream before Intel can push 10nm.

I think they need to do this if they’re going to compete with AMD. They see the writing on the wall. The Ryzen Mobile units are absolutely mopping the floor with Intel’s 15w TDP offerings. Not just because of GPU performance, but also through CPU power as well. If they can’t compete on CPU, they need to step up their GPU game. I mean, AMD’s 15w CPU’s are competing with Intel’s 45w offerings. :rofl:

1 Like

And sampling Epyc 7nm what… this upcoming quarter? That’s a huge win for them and a huge blow to Intel.

1 Like

Very true.

Bringing this back around, it’s clear that Intel needs some major changes, so I’m not at all surprised the Krzanich is resigning. The relationship thing is probably just a pretext that they knew about long ago, but they’re finally just ready to get rid of him to try and right the ship.

That said, I’m not confident intel’s problems are in management.

I do as well, but I find it a little odd that a company would be able to meddle in my private business.
I mean as long as no business matters are discussed I don’t see an issue… but anyway, the policy was in place and whether they used it as an excuse or not he should have known better.

Which is also what Krzanich was saying like a week ago regarding the market share (well, not directly but… yknow). Wouldn’t be surprised if this was one reason to dig this up.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they knew about this all along and just didn’t care about it until now.

1 Like

Well, the argument is of course that as a subordinate one has control exerted over them either implicitly or merely assumed, so it potentially ceases to be private.

If one of them had quit, there’d be no question of course.

2 Likes

The reasoning is that when you’re in a position of power over someone else (particularly in this case, significant chance the other party wasn’t a C level employee) you could treat them unfairly (favorably or unfavorably, depending on how good the sex is). It also is just a general responsibility thing.

Usually companies have a rule about this to prevent lawsuits and as long as you talk to HR early-on and make sure you’re not managing the person, you’re good.

I guarantee it.

1 Like

Well, as I said I understand the reasoning, but I don’t really agree with it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So you don’t agree with the fact a company shouldn’t allow men to bully women in the workplace? It should be what happens, happens? Because nasty shit done by men is the whole reason these policies are in place.

I can’t help myself but say this; Intels architecture is still superior to AMDs.

1 Like

Lets just surmise for a moment that Intel didn’t want to publish the real reasons for Krzanich’s resignation and instead construed the next best reason for resignation.

Consensual fraternization of a manager with another employee counter to company rules & regulations is one of those fairly common events. Yet one that is less often enforced as reasons for resignation.

What if instead some big choices made by Krzanich years ago have lead to this and he is now being let go as the scapegoat for Intels current market position. :thinking:

But that’s just my hypothesis, what do I know… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Because women NEVER use and abuse men in the work place. If it comes to that, get an attorney or a mediation, whatever the company deems necessary. My private business is none of my companies.

Jesus.

2 Likes

On a per-core basis, yes. Their implementation doesn’t seem to be so. If they came with some sort of “inconsistent performance due to glued-together cores” solution like AMD, they’d be able to compete much better because they could increase yields.

It’s not about women or men. It’s been put in place because, historically, women were treated poorly by their superiors, who were men. It protects everyone equally, regardless of gender/sex/number of helicopter blades.

I get that people often look at men in a bad way, but in this case, it literally is history.

4 Likes

I think this is the generally accepted conclusion, regardless of how far you have to stretch some assumptions. Seems legit.

Hey, if thats acceptable for you start your own company and run around sexually harassing all your subordinates. It’ll be a blast!

I agree. I know why companies but that retarded rule in place. It doesn’t work, and it’s only used as a convenience piece.

I was responding to his loaded bullshit question about men bullying women.

what? How the fk are you getting to that.

1 Like

Loaded bullshit my ass, there is plenty of history of women being mistreated in the workplace. For god sakes, you can’t ignore it.

It’s literally a lawsuit shield.

1. CEO and his secretary have sex
  2. she wants to stop, he doesn’t
  3. he fires her
  4. she sues company
  5. company says “he was in violation of company policy, we’re not at fault”
2 Likes