Intel CEO Brian Krzanich Resigns

That was unexpected. I didn’t know there was such a policy. Not sure how I feel about this kind of policy, but then again he kinda should have known?

CFO is now interim CEO. Wondering how Intel will develop considering Intels current issues (security issues, publicly stating fear of AMD server market share, 10nm issues, …).

1 Like

It’s no one’s business, and you’re right, he should have known.

The real reason, I suspect, is that Intel refused to acknowledge and respond to competition. Now, with this bullshit excuse, it looks like they’re doing the same under new leadership.

1 Like

They did correct some of their mistakes, like canceling mobile chips and starting to make GPUs. Although they should have done this five years ago.

1 Like

Swan added, “Intel’s transformation to a data-centric company is well under way and our team is producing great products, excellent growth and outstanding financial results. I look forward to Intel continuing to win in the marketplace.”

TL;DR Krzanich inside ™

That’s pretty low, and that’s not the TL;DR. The TL;DR is after repeated failure to live up to the hype, the company is asking their CEO to step down. But rather than admit their mistakes, they’re blaming it on something absurd like a consensual relationship.

Yeah I’m fixing that title

Wait now there is two

Jesus Christ

Pro tip, leadering from mobile is hard

3 Likes

True, and I agree.

3 Likes

What a ride… but at least it shows that we all do feel intense about this news i would say :joy:

Well, let’s see who they are hiring now and what Innovations will come from intel

Takes more than switching CEO though. So we’ll see if they’ve learned anything by now. Cause they are getting spanked by Nvidia, AMD and ARM left and right.

Inb4 Lisa Su resigns from AMD :expressionless:

This is going to be a smooth and productive thread.

8 Likes

:joy: oh boy… why not buy AMD and then rebrand, at that point why even bother to sell stuff under the INTEL Brand!?

In an ideal world, sure. But policies like this exist to (try to) reduce abuses of power towards subordinates. Whether they work or not, or make sense or not, isn’t something I’d want to get into here but I understand the reasoning if nothing else.

I have doubts about the reason for this. Other than that, I don’t really care.

Next!

tldr: super rich guy had sex

FTFY

More than once.

What surprised me about this “rich/important/famous person had sex” story is that it was consensual.

Supposedly… but who knows. I think its more the fact that Intel is being gangbanged in all holes by competitors nonstop for the past year.