In Search Of A Great Set Of Wireless Earbuds - Anyone Have Any Suggestions Or Recommendations?

Well, thankfully, I’m not going Apple since I’m not a rich, pleb, so! :man_shrugging: :rofl:

Edit - point already made

1 Like

My thoughts, but you can find his review on his website (with measurements) and on his Youtube channel.

I think I confirmed what he said because I can’t recall what he specifically said.

1 Like

Try the Anker Liberty 3 Pro. They sound really nice for the money, have a lot of options for fit customization and are a cheap alternative to see if in-ears are the thing for you.

I can’t use over ears anymore, my Sony MX3 gave me a fungal infection behind the ears because of heat and moisture being trapped inside the ear cup. (I wear headphones 12+ hours a day)
I then bought the Ankers to see if i like in-ears and they have worked really well for me.

Bluetooth LE Audio earphones are to be released in the autumn/winter so then i will look for new in-ears.

1 Like

https://www.woodenears.com is probably what you’re looking for :slight_smile: (It’s in chinese but you get the idea)

The Liberty 3 Pro are pretty nice but you really need to use an EQ :-/

I was going to say that I was considering the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro’s but from the reviews I had viewed, I don’t remember any of them mentioning that an EQ would be needed… :thinking:

Maybe you will notice something here, although you have a budget for the higher shelf… :wink:

1 Like

Well, that link was rather helpful, but it didn’t have a review of the JBL Live Free 2 TWS that I’m considering. I’m also thinking of the 1More Evo Earbuds, but TBH, I’m not entirely sure how those 2 earbuds stack up to each other. [I feel like it’s so far those 2 options I’m torn between.]

Here’s my thoughts:

If you’re looking for the best audio experience, you’ll be hard limited by the bandwidth of bluetooth and will not be able to get the same quality as wired. I know that’s been expressed before, but it’s important to keep in mind when considering wireless earbuds. Now that’s out of the way, here’s my recommendations:

If you are in the Apple ecosystem, just get the airpods pro and call it a day. They have second to none quality of life stuff (pairing, device switching, etc…) but don’t work as well with Android. The audio quality is probably 9/10 for wireless earbuds but they make up for it in everything else.

If you’re not attached to Apple, like I am, you’ve got a lot more options. Some are good, some are better and some are crap. I’ve found that spending under $100 for wireless earbuds leaves you with subpar audio and unusable everything else.

For actual recommendations:

Jabra Elite 7 Pro/Active: I’ve got the Elite 7 Active and have for the last 2 months. They’re solid. Voice quality is not perfect but good, audio has a very flat frequency response (at least in my subjective experience), which can be adjusted with a 5 point EQ. They fit well in my ears once I picked the right rubber ear-thingeys. The battery is freaking great. I throw it on the charger twice a week and I’ve never had an issue with them running out of charge. They advertise 8 hours on a single charge for the earbuds, but I’d conservatively argue for 7 hours on a charge. If you push it, you can probably get 7.5, but I don’t like draining the battery to flat. The noise cancellation is nothing to write home about on these. It cancels noise well, but I hear a hiss when it’s active. I’m not sure if that’s my tinnitus or if it’s the noise cancellation itself. There’s a 3-position software toggle for “hearthrough” “off” and “noise cancellation” I usually leave mine on “off” or “hearthrough” and the nature of the earbud being an obstruction drowns out 75% of the noise. If I were to make the decision again though, I’d get the pros. They’ve got a better mic and while the mic is fine, it could still be slightly better.

Pixel Buds Pro: If you’re all about the google ecosystem, get these. The noise cancellation on them is supposed to be really good, but I didn’t remember to try it out when I borrowed them from a friend. The audio quality is quite solid and so is the mic. The real selling point on these is the integration with google assistant.

Interesting. Guess I’ll have to look up some reviews of those Jabras & see if anyone else mentions the hissing noise when the noise cancellation is on. But yeah, I’m not really even a fan of Apple & I’m personally more of an Android guy anyway. [Even though I won’t get a Pixel phone.] Still, thanks for the reply! :+1:

1 Like

As I sit in front of my computer, I hear hissing with no headphones on, so it might just be tinnitus. Hard to say for sure though.

Yeah, might want to have your local physician check your ears & see if the tinnitus is still a thing. [That’s what I would do IF I had tinnitus.]

1 Like

I should probably do that. I guess I just don’t want my physiology to ruin a review of an otherwise great product.

Oh, forgot to mention: on the mid to high end earbuds, wireless charging and USB C charging (of the case) is all standard.

Now THAT was a rather funny reply if you ask me! :joy: [I would have reacted with a laugh like what you can on FB, but I still do enjoy a bit o humor nonetheless! :slight_smile: ] And yeah, anything like above $100 at the very least probably offers those nice-to-haves like NC, wireless charging, nice case, solid app that is useable, etc.

1 Like

So that’s one thing about the Jabra. The app is very nice, but after a firmware update, you have to reconfigure your preferences for button layout on the headphones themselves and re-apply the EQ. I’ve only had one firmware update in the last two months, but it is worth mentioning, if that’s a dealbreaker.

1 Like

I have the Jabra Elite 75t and I’m pretty pleased with them. Not the best sounds I’ve ever heard, but they’re absolutely not falling out of my ears even during the most intense exercise.
Side note: I got them on one of the sales, either christmas or black friday.

1 Like

Yeah, I bike mountain trails and I can trust them on the trail. I had one ear fall out once, but that’s because I fell.

sick. I’ve done some pretty intense HIIT sessions and they don’t even budge. Been using them on runs and inline skate sessions as well and they hold up.

Got it. But TBPH, I’m not really sure how well-renowned of a brand Jabra is. I’ve heard of them, but don’t know much else. :man_shrugging:

They’re fine. Nothing special, but nothing to write home about. If I hadn’t gotten them on a sale for 60% off, I wouldn’t thought of buying them. If your budget is in the hundreds of euros, I’d recommend Sony or even some boutique ones. I’m trying to remember which ones tickled my fancy, but I’ll have to get back to you on the name.

1 Like