I'm struggling with keeping myself interested in a projects

yep, post dopamine reality slap.
all the basic parts are there, now it just needs polish and refinement, thats when things get tedious.

go with a modular approach. Fire up what your working on, find one thing that doesn’t work or is wrong & fix it. LIttle by little iron out the wrinkles.

also, saftey goggles should always be worn when using a dremel or any sort of rotary tool like that.
There’s not a lot of mass to the grinding disks for the handheld rotary tools, so despite the high speed, if they shatter, saftey goggles, mechanic/work gloves and regular clothing that you should be wearing when using any power tools should protect you fairly well.

the little disks when the shatter would definitely mess up your eye if they hit it, may break flesh within about a 5 foot range, but you’re not gonna lose a limb.

also as other people have said, if you use the tool properly the disks shouldn’t shatter. The grinding/cut off disks slowly remove material and grind down the surface. They don’t “push through” material, and no sort of torque should be applied perpendicular to the disk surface.

1 Like

ftfy

1 Like

You’ll never get anywhere with that attitude Pete.

#BringYourDremmellToWorkDay2019

It’ll catch on…

6 Likes

Especially in the bedroom. One could be innocently whacking through the bush and loose an eye…

2 Likes

May we stop talking about the Dremel now please thank you…

1 Like

You lack discipline.

2 Likes

I do lack discipline…
Any help developing this?

BDSM?
Lol.

4 Likes

Usually the bottleneck to me finishing my projects is lacking the complete set of tools and materials to complete the task which leads to loss of motivation maybe it’s the same thing with you

1 Like

Wait you can’t? I Dremel computers at work all the time! :rofl:

A written schedule helps.

1 Like

Laser can only unlock doors, Sonic screwdriver can also lock them again.

Unless they’re wood. Still doesn’t work on wood.

2 Likes

I literally wear science experiment googles when i’m using y dremel cuz i really don’t wanna loose my arms, i’m typically wear sweatpants so i’m not afraid of sustaining a flesh wound but I feel you about not finishing projects. Makes me feel shit about myself.
Like it feels like it reflects poorly on my character and discipline when i can’t finish the easiest of things.

My glasses don’t fit underneath my safety glasses, so I have an old pair of glasses that I put OVER the safety glasses so I can still see… Moderately without having to worry about dinging up my new pair

3 Likes

modrn

Sorry, I don’t usually point stuff like this out, but this made me chuckle :laughing:

2 Likes

THIS IS WHY I SHOULDN"T SLEEP ONLY 4 HOURS…stupid netflix autoplay…evil

3 Likes

No, you also lack discipline.

3 Likes

The trick to a successful project is starting small and expand on the core.

Doing a game? Start small. Pong. Pacman. Tetris. Breakout. Or anything else playable in 1980. Once done with a few of those - actually had a blast coding 10 games in 12 hours just to learn Godot a little - move bigger.

Games made in 1985 - Super Mario. Metroid. Zelda 1 and 2. Scrolling graphics and stuff.

Games made in 1990 - Super Mario world, final fantasy II, Sonic, street fighter II, sim city…

Games made in 1995 - quake, doom, StarCraft, Civilization, Ridge racer, soul edge…

Games made in 2000+ - actually not a very big difference, you could do any game today on a GameCube or PS2 it would just look like shit, but the tech is pretty much there for all modern genres you just need to think more about how you use the hardware.

Conquer each tier successfully and you will finish! :smiley:

2 Likes

Totally off topic but I am really interested in how that is going to change on the next generation. Ryzen compute performance in consoles is gonna be a big jump.

1 Like